Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo kick 15 together with Mogale's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nejten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cubo kick 15 together with Mogale's?
    Posted: 12 November 2019 at 7:39pm
Hello everybody

I was wondering if cubo kick 15's will work together with mogale superscoops, anybody who has tried this? Also the recommended speakers for the cubo kicks are usually 600w rms, will a 800w driver work just a fine? Sorry for the noob questions & bless.
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 2:25am
Should work as its a designated kick so freq wont overlap and they are loud so would keep up with a super.As regards wattage of driver I wouldn't be too concerned with that as there are a lot of good drivers out there, but more the TS parameters ie fs,qts and vas,so that you get the right type of driver for the enclosure ie EBP = Fs/Qts I think it needs to be near 100 someone may comment and clarify this.What cabinet are you thinking of putting on top of the Cubo?

Edited by djkeet - 14 November 2019 at 2:33am
Soundbite
nejten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nejten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 7:09am
Thank you very much for the answer, it helps a lot! I was thinking for putting a mt121 on top but if you have better recommendations i would love to hear them.
Bless
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 12:57pm
I think MT's are fine it just depends what is in it ie 1 or 2'' comp, ferro or Neo + 12'' the same as it can work out to be a heavy lift and you might need bullets on top to cover any missing freq in the higher ranges

Edited by djkeet - 14 November 2019 at 1:01pm
Soundbite
nejten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nejten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 1:50pm
Awesome! I dont know what the neo etc means. Is it a type of speaker? Also, what are the recommended speakers for an mt121?
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 2:58pm
it's the type of material the magnet is made of (neodymium or ferrite)

Simple explanation: Ferrite is the traditionnal material used for loudspeaker magnet, cost less, wheight more
Neodymium is "newer", cost more, weight less.
(it's more complex than just that, google it)
some manufacturers have ferrite and neodymium variations of their models, but if you look closely sometimes the T/S parameters don't always match.
The recommended loudspeakers for the mt121 are given with the plan : http://hornplans.free.fr/mt121tda.html
You'll find tons of info (incl. recommended drivers) on these cabs in this forum and in others, as they are quite popular in diy soundsystems over the globe.

This cab is pretty heavy, hence why some advise a neo driver.

on the horn : 2" compression driver wil go lower to meet the 12", but depending on the model you may have some treble missing, this can be resolved with a high shelf filter, bullet tweeters. You may use a 1" compression driver that handles the highest frequencies better,  but may struggle to meet the 12".
Depending on the horn you chose, that may affect the cutoff frequencies and dispertion.
Of course those are general rules of thumb, and will depend on the exact driver + horn combo.

Edited by JBK - 14 November 2019 at 3:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply