Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A truly awful day for my sound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 9:01am
"There are also some aftermarket parts which are shocking, and aren't worth the effort of fitting into a blown driver."

You can say that again Andy! Buyers seem to forget, aftermarket kits are half (or even a quarter) of the price of the genuine kits for a reason.  You only get what you pay for.

But good on you for not stocking the rubbish,  a lot of shops would just supply crap to make a sale, irrespective of the quality. Thumbs Up
Be seeing you.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 4:03pm
My colleague rich ind. st. had a terrible time a few years ago with *genuine* Beyma recone kits - he was trying to repair his 12LX60's, and they kept sending him kits with voice coils that would not fit in the gap! They could not identify the Mark of his chassis from the (comprehensive) photos he sent, insisted that they must be Mark 2's, but the "Mark 2" kits did not fit at all. Neither, though, did the "Mark 1" kits he was sent.
In the end they went a bit "que? no hablo inglese" and stopped replying to his emails. It's put me off specifying Beyma to be honest, he ended up over a hundred quid down, with no successful repair, and no admission of fault from the company.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 4:43pm
Oh dear, that's not a good advert for Beyma. Did they supply him direct,or via a dealer?
Be seeing you.
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

... a lot of shops would just supply crap to make a sale, irrespective of the quality. Thumbs Up

yeah. there are a few around. I almost got sucked into that way of thinking, its easily done. At the end of the day if you have bills to pay, you gotta make some $$ somehow, but its shortsighted, it doesnt help your long term strategy.

Luckily a few things fell in our favour, so we could focus efforts in a different direction, so the cheap tat become more of a hindrance than anything else. We've eliminated 99.9% of it now, probably a few ugly gremlins hiding in the depths of the warehouse, but nothing much.

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12