Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What amps would you choose for my Ohm speakers?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What amps would you choose for my Ohm speakers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 12:13am
Pair of FP3400 can be done for less than a grand, maybe that's what was meant?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 2:48am
I've just seen that you're in Manchester, I have an Ohm CFU A3 you can have for a steal if you don't mind the weight.
Mat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 6:45am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

I've just seen that you're in Manchester, I have an Ohm CFU A3 you can have for a steal if you don't mind the weight.

Although I have had my head turned by a powersoft t604, that’s probably a very sensible solution, might well take you up on that.

Are you Bowsas mate Kyle by any chance, I think he’s mentioned this to you?

Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 3:17pm
Hello, why dont you parallel (daisy chain) the two 8 ohm subs together in mono for a single 4ohm connection. Plenty of affordable amps that will give a decent output at 4ohm mono bridge Thumbs Up
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 3:24pm
One of your ohm cfu amps will do 3.2kw mono bridge into 4ohm, thats ample headroom! Second one in stereo for your tops and job done, lovely compact affordable little rig with balls!

Edited by Natedub - 15 November 2019 at 3:25pm
Mat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Natedub Natedub wrote:

Hello, why dont you parallel (daisy chain) the two 8 ohm subs together in mono for a single 4ohm connection. Plenty of affordable amps that will give a decent output at 4ohm mono bridge Thumbs Up

Hi Natedub, yes this is how i'm currently running the two Moonsubs off a CFU A2. Would be interesting to know if a bigger better amp in stereo would yield any improvements or not...

The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Mat Mat wrote:

Although I have had my head turned by a powersoft t604, that’s probably a very sensible solution, might well take you up on that.

That’ll be me, yep! We have some T604 you can try too if you like?
Mat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2019 at 10:29am

Originally posted by Mat Mat wrote:

That’ll be me, yep! We have some T604 you can try too if you like?

Hi Kyle! Yes that would be amazing, thank you. I shall be in touch...
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2019 at 2:27pm
There was a huge price drop on most PKN amps, like XE or XD5002 which outperforms those "t series powersofts"
in most sound quality//real sustained power figures. It would likely fit in the ~1K EUR category too:  https://www.pknaudio.com/PKN_Shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Those T series is a joke-ware, the real powersoft hardware is the K10 and K20.

Edited by U.Viktor - 18 November 2019 at 2:32pm
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

There was a huge price drop on most PKN amps, like XE or XD5002 which outperforms those "t series powersofts"
in most sound quality//real sustained power figures. It would likely fit in the ~1K EUR category too:  https://www.pknaudio.com/PKN_Shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

An X4 and X8 channel pair provides the same SPL as a K20 on multiple real subs, tested and measured, within 0.3dB, even with heavy music.

You also need to spend cash on external DSP, Dante interface and more with the PKN. Lead times are also one to two weeks if not next day on the Powersoft. Where can the poster get a demo and test of a PKN amp from a dealer in the UK?

PKN don't even have a working website, the links in the menu bar are clearly from a half-finished template, with the XD series button linking to "https://www.pknaudio.com/PKN_Shop/camera" which gives a 404 error, as well as every other button being broken. Doesn't fill you with confidence.

Edited by toastyghost - 18 November 2019 at 4:39pm
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Whatever you say, pal.

Having actually used most of the T-series line in real-world conditions, I can say they do their job just fine.

I've had a T602 bridged into 4ohm and pushed it 6dB into clip. It held up very well, and got the drivers nice and warm even though the port was passing air directly over the magnets.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12