Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN prices huge drop!??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

In the UK, when a company reduces prices significantly it usually means that they are really struggling to sell stock product or they are on the brink of bringing the receivers in!!!!!!!

This - no one in the right mind would drop prices because they had a popular product. If you can improve your margins then that's for you and your business, anyone who gave that away would probably get a few questions from their accountant / share holders / investors...

more likely they are struggling to sell outside they local territory. I quite like the PKN's I've seen and owned, but they are not a touring standard product for the modern world of audio production, so will always struggle at that price point. They could have a small chance in the MI and DJ market, but then you have to fight the big boys in that market
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 8:28am

Really? I learnt in the school that the cost of product is a function of numbers sold, more numbers lower cost!

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 9:16am
the Hungarian central bank has been holding interest rates at a low level to stimulate domestic growth - this tends to weaken the currency
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 9:28am
I H8 PKN! ;)
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Really? I learnt in the school that the cost of product is a function of numbers sold, more numbers lower cost!

Only if that was your original business model, Behringer for example build to a price point and volume helps them hit that low/affordable point, PKNs plan was to build an amplifier that could rival Powersoft but at a more affordable point, they have achieved this to a degree and they do produce a good product, however with their lack of amps promised and now this very large reduction in price does not look good, if Behringer suddenly reduce an amp by £30 then no problem however if a pro audio guy has just spent £20.000 on amps and PKN reduce this by £5000 then that is very bad for business in the long term, pro audio guy has just been had for £5000 and will justifiably be very pissed off,  to me this looks like panic selling for financial reasons (no cash flow), time will tell.

U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 11:16am
When we bought ~20+ of them already got those good prices 6 years ago.
Total couple hundreds went accross our two companies, for install and others mainlyfrom the XE series as well as XD.
My dealer prices did not changed a lot just very few percent (probably I got already the best)
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 11:26am
Good for you, but that is not what we are talking about, we are talking about a massive price drop now, why? and don't give me the volume nonsense as that makes no sense at all on a business level, so now answer the above points without referring to you and your deals.

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 11:35am
if you are complainging about lower prices you really are a glass-half-empty sort of person Ermm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 11:45am
Not complaining, from a business level a massive sudden price drop across a range of products rings alarm bells, so let's not question the price drop and go and buy a whole load of PKN, if the situation is as it looks and even this panic sale cannot save them then you have a whole lot of new amps that now have no warranty or back up, I hope I am totally wrong, to not question this means you are a blikers on type of person.

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 11:59am
Yep, this is the best way to say 'we don't have the proper sales volume to support a real dealer network with after-sales care' and piss off all the people who handled distribution before.

I bet Andy at Blue Aran is bloody chuffed to bits with this new webshop and 'trade prices' for all sold directly to the end-user.

Given past experiences with PKN repairs, and lead times, I wish anyone interested the best of luck. You can have the best equipment in the world, but it isn't a viable product until it's got all the extra stuff around it that makes a real company.
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 1:03pm
I do not know the England situation. But from our experience the average service cost of any XE-XD-LC amps made by PKN, after the warranty period were bellow 10000FT ( 30EUR or 25 GBP :-)
Service times are always bellow five working days! But I am in Hungary of course.

There are several companies in my sight have replaced not only the aging Macrotechs but also Powersoft K series by the new XE10000 and XE6000 amplifiers! The Powersofts are not as reliable as advertised (just like the I-Techs from Crown) and difficult~expensive to repair!

The situation is that you could have 2pcs of XE10000 (2* 5000W@4R!) on the price of a single K10/20 and much better to have only 4R loadings not going down to 2R.

The X series plays nowhere outside of closed government projects since collapsing after the first beat and ways too expensive. X4 advertised as " 20000Watts amplifier" while in the reality can do just little more average power than the small PKN LC4004U

Edited by U.Viktor - 19 November 2019 at 1:05pm
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2019 at 1:04pm
Looks to me that they just trying to cut out the distributors, the price on the web site is still more than I paid for the last couple I bought. Not sure if this price reduction is real.....

Dupe...
Dupe...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>