FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Punisher Extension Development Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Punisher Extension Development Thread
    Posted: 19 December 2019 at 1:01pm
It is good to read (yet I am not surprised)that you are pursuing this project. Based on your replies, it was obvious you wanted to create this project. You might want to consider making a new thread in the Punisher and X-tro forum so no one will be looking for the design 10 years from now and, can't find it in the General Forum.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 9:22am
Update:

I have made cut sheets and solidworks drawings for this, there are two versions, one to fit a double punisher mk2, and another, 15mm wider to fit 2 x single punisher mk2s. I have removed the strapping points from the drawing, going to leave it to the builders to design a method of attaching it to the punishers.

I am not exactly experienced with autocad/solidworks and made these using trial versions of the software... I have done my best but would love suggestions for how to improve the drawings and make them more accessible so anyone can read and understand them.

Here are the files - please check them before you build anything from them, just make sure the cut sheets match the drawing and the drawings are the right width to fit your punishers.

PDF is for the double punisher version but you can apply most of it to the single punisher version just add 15mm to the width - https://www.dropbox.com/s/k56cocuhx4ym1aw/p-extension%20-%20double%20drawing.pdf?dl=0

Also does anyone know what software was used to generate this PDF? I would love mine to be that detailed and clear https://www.dropbox.com/s/djam4g1oqirwmsj/TH18%20Xoc1%20%2B%20CUT%20LIST.pdf?dl=0

If you have any feedback or questions please comment or message me! and feel free to make your own modifications to the design - I consider this open source.
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 9:25am
You could make that a flat pack with a bit of thought ? Our main issue was attaching the extension to the subs in the same place every time. Our subs are Top and bottom L+R with interlocking skids so they stay in the same position. We also always try to stack on the same pallets we carry.

The extensions all just clip on with the latches starting with the bottom panel then sides, top and braces last. Those latches have a screw adjustment so can be adjusted if things aren't totally level. Every joint edge of the extension panel has a wood batten with foam to make a rattle free fit

Over the years we can now build them pretty quick, solve any rattles with a quick test track and pretty much forget after that ... I would like to add a horizontal brace at sometime but can't find any of that elusive time stuff kicking around !

AND they pack neatly into the trailer ...

.p.

Edited by Phil B - 29 November 2019 at 9:27am
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 12:25am
Quote But what were your inputs!? I cant seem to make a single horn sim similarly to 6 coupled punisher
You make a single segment horn that resembles your Punisher, with or without extension, exponential gets very close. Multiply S1, S2, Vrc, Vtc and Atc by a factor 6. In the input screen go to Tools - Loudspeaker Configuration - Set 6 drivers with series/ parallel. Adjust Eg for new impedance.
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 12:09am
Awesome mate! Have a good one!
We need more SPL!
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

Maxcut, dxf or just simple pdf :D.

I can buy quality birch sheets for 39 pounds so it can’t go wrong!
It must go lower, i’ll try and measure :) 

No problem, will get it done next week, good a large booking (for us) this weekend.
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 11:52pm
Maxcut, dxf or just simple pdf :D.

I can buy quality birch sheets for 39 pounds so it can’t go wrong!
It must go lower, i’ll try and measure :) 
We need more SPL!
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

Like the idea! Do you already have a cut sheet? 
Maybe we can build and test it in Belgium , friend of mine has 12 punishers :) 

I don't yet, What software would you like the cut sheet made up in?

citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by mobiele eenheid mobiele eenheid wrote:

Quote Hornresp can sim directivity only with single segment horns (exp or con, nor shure about par), try to model a single segment horn similar to yours and you can get a feel of the boost you will get
That ;)

But what were your inputs!? I cant seem to make a single horn sim similarly to 6 coupled punishers
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 11:38pm
Like the idea! Do you already have a cut sheet? 
Maybe we can build and test it in Belgium , friend of mine has 12 punishers :) 
We need more SPL!
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 2:17pm
Quote Hornresp can sim directivity only with single segment horns (exp or con, nor shure about par), try to model a single segment horn similar to yours and you can get a feel of the boost you will get
That ;)
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by mobiele eenheid mobiele eenheid wrote:

This is the on axis directivity of the stack of 6 Punisher plus extension versus the power response/ standard simulated response.

And this is the on axis directivity of 6 Punishers versus the on axis directivity of 6 Punishers with the extension.

How did you do these sims? I am not able to replicate them. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by citizensc - 28 November 2019 at 10:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>