Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speaker box designing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaker box designing
    Posted: 13 December 2019 at 7:38pm
So over the past four years of so ive learnt a lot in terms of how sound works , djing , setting up rigs and loudspeakers . This is something that i think i will always have a big interestfor . one thing that that id still love to learn more about is designing speaker boxs , some of the science behind it and how i can go about making my own designs . if anyone has any good pointers, links , advice id love to read them . cheers :-) 
Music is nice..
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2019 at 10:46am
This forum!

Just look around it, there is some incredible information and advice here. And best of all, if you put up some of your ideas/designs you can guarentee that someone will give you the benefit of their knowledge.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2019 at 11:33am
I will echo what Eddie has said above but you will also find that there are quite a few members on here from the area in southern Ireland where you are based so you may find help and advice on your own local doorstep---It is also one of my favourite places to visit as I love the area around Bantry Bay.
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2019 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

I will echo what Eddie has said above but you will also find that there are quite a few members on here from the area in southern Ireland where you are based so you may find help and advice on your own local doorstep---It is also one of my favourite places to visit as I love the area around Bantry Bay.
John sounds like you have your holiday sorted 
oren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2019 at 11:28pm
Yeah this forum has been great for learning . Im actually local to bantry funilly enough LOL
Music is nice..
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2019 at 10:33am
So you know where Grahame Norton lives then---We will probably be over next summer for a break in Glengarriff along with the odd pint of Guiness of course.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by oren oren wrote:

Yeah this forum has been great for learning . Im actually local to bantry funilly enough LOL

I would suggest other forums like diyaudio for more in-depth discussion and learning. Also, you can’t beat books. YAMAHA Sound Reinforcement Handbook is a good place to start, then you should move onto the more maths stuff like Olsen, Beranek, and Keele.

I would also suggest subscribing to DIYRM on Facebook, reading all of Scott’s papers on there, and eventually joining the AES to get access to proper white papers on audio theory and speaker designs that interest you. Almost everything interesting in the commercial world was discussed at an AES convention and has an associated paper with it.
oren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 2:55am
yeah graham norton is well known in the area haha . if you are going to glengariff its worth visiting the wood if your into that sort of thing . if not there is amasing coastline all around and there is always nice pubs snd eateries , if your looking for music ma murphys pub in bantry is good , few friends of mine have been organising nights in there . cheers toasty ghost i will check them out . i have limited math skills but i want to try and learn as much as possible really . a lot of the info i have been coming across has been to do with diy hifi type stuff wich seems very expensive in terms of price/ performance but its a bit diffent i guess . i assume a lot of the theory is the same .
Music is nice..
 Post Reply Post Reply