Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio H3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by lorenzo31071997 lorenzo31071997 wrote:

Would you like to take them apart and create your design plans? We could help you out

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 01 January 2020 at 10:27pm
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
lorenzo31071997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

Originally posted by lorenzo31071997 lorenzo31071997 wrote:

Would you like to take them apart and create your design plans? We could help you out

LOLLOLLOLLOL

it might be a great idea!
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 8:50am
Well cloning a clone could almost be an ethical thingLOL
I looked at tpa site, they even literally copy Martin marketing terms like unique phase ball for the phase plug.

Jokes aside, a big part of the sound of this speakers in the original form are crossovers and processing, so even with plans getting them to sound tight would require work and knowledge, which you don't seem to have.
Intellettuale theft issues apart, you'd Better look on the second hand market. Look for italian brands like rcf, outline, montarbo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

Well cloning a clone could almost be an ethical thingLOL
I looked at tpa site, they even literally copy Martin marketing terms like unique phase ball for the phase plug.

Jokes aside, a big part of the sound of this speakers in the original form are crossovers and processing, so even with plans getting them to sound tight would require work and knowledge, which you don't seem to have.
Intellettuale theft issues apart, you'd Better look on the second hand market. Look for italian brands like rcf, outline, montarbo

I really love the design of the H3 that goes well with my musical genre. The alternative would have been RCF 4PRO 6001. But I have never heard either play, so I don't know the difference. I use the WSX as a subwoofer, so I thought about the H3. If you can't find the TPA plans, do you know any other boxes with similar designs where the plans are published?

Edited by lorenzo31071997 - 02 January 2020 at 10:47am
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 10:48am
Buy a shitload of Soundgear Orbit 4... Job done 🙂

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

Buy a shitload of Soundgear Orbit 4... Job done 🙂

I wanted to build something, I wouldn't want to buy it readySick
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 11:11am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 11:24am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?browsemode=category&category=Speaker_DIY_Kits&masthead=Flatpack_Speakers&subheadnew=Mid-high_Cabinet

It's still not the design I want, I'm looking for something from the club, as well as Funktion one
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 12:15pm
if you think you can produce a copy of a commercial cabinet then go for it - it's not illegal to do so for your own use. but I don't think anyone here is going to spend their time helping you do so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

if you think you can produce a copy of a commercial cabinet then go for it - it's not illegal to do so for your own use. but I don't think anyone here is going to spend their time helping you do so.

Okay, but going back to the starting speech. What would you recommend between RCF 4PRO 6001 and Martin Audio H3? I am afraid that the opening of the RCF 80 ° x 60 ° is too wide and dispersive
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:21pm
The H3 is still technically a current product (just called THV with a nicer grille).

Why the obsession with cloning cabs?

Do some reading and make some of the DIY designs that fit your needs (dispersion, ability to use in multiples etc) or just buy second hand.

You don’t want multiple H3s a side. (In the average room).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

The H3 is still technically a current product (just called THV with a nicer grille).

Why the obsession with cloning cabs?

Do some reading and make some of the DIY designs that fit your needs (dispersion, ability to use in multiples etc) or just buy second hand.

You don’t want multiple H3s a side. (In the average room).

You're right, it has become almost like an obsession to recreate that design and those characteristics of that speaker. The charm of the hybrid, which is reminiscent of the WSX design. The speakers would be paired with the WSX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>