Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT4H building plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnoliv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT4H building plan
    Posted: 20 January 2020 at 1:22am
Hope some body can help me with building plan of EV MTH4
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2020 at 6:38pm
Unless you've got the manifolds, there's no point. It's also a very old design and there's far better out there.
What is it going to be used for? Indoor? Outdoor? How many people? What style of music? etc etc
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2020 at 11:48pm
I'll be honest, why in the hell would you want too build that box!
It's cumbersome. It really needs too be flown to sound decent, which means you'll need a good few. It doesn't sound that good in small configurations, it's big. And you'll ask for mtl4 plans next... 
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 8:52am
Obviously someone who owns a forklift truck and also has bigger than average access doorways and at the end of the day must be deaf as well.
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2020 at 11:31pm
Awesome mid/high cab....but hard to find the needed parts. VECTORSONICS
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Obviously someone who owns a forklift truck and also has bigger than average access doorways and at the end of the day must be deaf as well.

Are they really that bad? I´ve seen/heard a stack of MT4 that pissed over a huge hang of a well known line-array at a big festival here a few years ago. Obviouly, the line-array may not have been properly set-up - but likewise for the MT4. It also needs to be set correctly, etc.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 11:12am
It a matter of oppinion. Some likes the daughter . Others like the mom. And the weird guys likes granny LOL

I like both MT4 and MT2 tops.. would love to own a stack of MT2 again.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 12:31pm
I actually also like the kick you get off the MT4/2 subs. Great coverage for kick drum.  Smile
And iirc, they will also line up with basic BR cabs with simple polarity/phase flip.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 4:00pm
MTH4 has got to be the craziest design ever for a mid /hi cab---Just try lifting one and you will know why!!!!!
You cannot array them correctly being a cube shape rather than a trap cab so this causes horrendous comb filtering on larger rigs and the HF drivers are not exactly the sweetest sounding units.
Having said all that, I would still take them in place of 90% of most line array systems for very large outdoor festival type gigs.
As everyone knows EV MT system was SSEs standard Go TO rig for many years and I have heard them sound quite good in many applications but never sounding great.
The sub does perform well but it is the mid/hi cab that is bad---SSE replaced MT with Nexo Alpha and never looked back as the Nexo just blew the MT rigs away in every way including the dreaded truck pack but alas that has now gone to be replaced by a bloody line array.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

MTH4 has got to be the craziest design ever for a mid /hi cab---Just try lifting one and you will know why!!!!!
You cannot array them correctly being a cube shape rather than a trap cab so this causes horrendous comb filtering on larger rigs and the HF drivers are not exactly the sweetest sounding units.
Having said all that, I would still take them in place of 90% of most line array systems for very large outdoor festival type gigs.
As everyone knows EV MT system was SSEs standard Go TO rig for many years and I have heard them sound quite good in many applications but never sounding great.
The sub does perform well but it is the mid/hi cab that is bad---SSE replaced MT with Nexo Alpha and never looked back as the Nexo just blew the MT rigs away in every way including the dreaded truck pack but alas that has now gone to be replaced by a bloody line array.

Smile  Thumbs Up Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 7:40pm
Found this stack plan for Monsters of Rock at Castle Donnington in 1991, using EV MT4.

https://ibb.co/qWtW9yL
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2020 at 8:25pm
I was there on the day and also a lot of the other Monsters of Rock festivals at Donnington over the years and the best sound by far was the year when Iron Maiden headlined using their own huge Turbosound rig augmented with two 40 ft artics full of TMS boxes added on to it.
Maurice Jones from MCP(Midland Concert Promotions) was the brains behind Donnington and also the main organiser of Live Aid at Wembley even though Harvey Goldsmith got all the fame from it.
Maurice was a very good friend of mine back in those days as we were all based in Wolverhampton and he gave me my very first PA hire on a tour with The Drifters(The proper original Drifters with Little Johnny Moore on lead vox)--after that came lots more quality work from Maurice with major UK tours involving some of the worlds top touring acts of that time.
I will be forever grateful to Maurice--A real true honest gent who has sadly now departed but seeing that PA Spec link above has just triggered a lot of great memories inside of me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>