Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" Drivers for Cubo Kick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 10:30pm
Ahh.. so much symbolism, where to begin?

I could tell you that mobiele eenheid means "mobile unit", if that mobile unit is you, a person (are you really?),  therefore having legs would be the basis of said mobility in 95% of cases?

Does this story have legs? Am I about to have a leg up or am I just talking the hind legs of a donkey? Basically I'm trying to give people a leg up and not to have the legs of someone because I don't have a leg to stand on. Truly I'm not trying to pull your leg nor would I want you to leave with your tail between your legs, basically I'm just showing a leg. Because to have the bass and kick covered means to have pulled the weight of someone's legs, giving that person the first leg of ones journey. I mean, you have to get sea legs eventually.

Although it's probably just a Dutch saying not translating very well to English.

Best regards Legs
nejten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nejten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 11:32pm
whahaha ge hebt goeie humor man maarja nu weet ik nog steeds nie of de nlw9300 een goeie speaker is voor mijn soundTongueTongue
From small acorns oak trees grow.
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 10:37pm
Wat is er niet duidelijk aan deze post? http://forum.speakerplans.com/15-drivers-for-cubo-kick_topic104770_post1037770.html#1037770

Edited by mobiele eenheid - 19 March 2020 at 10:40pm
Archi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2020 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by mobiele eenheid mobiele eenheid wrote:

Let's put it out first, I think the 15ND930 is an excellent kick driver but a good kick is more than just a good driver and a good design, it's also about implementing it into your system (setup, processing). So if these 'legs' of the kick are all stable you could look into the following drivers, both from 18Sound, the 15NLW9300 (neo) and the 15LW2400 (ferrite).

If you say, I'm just gonna use one kick per side, EQ a bit as I'm mostly interested in a low thud, I would choose the 15LW2400. If you say, I like a bit more snappy kick, or I'm going to stack the kicks and/or use multiples per side, I would choose the 15NLW9300.

Quote You are really very modest and funny with it
It's reviews like yours where at least half of my knowledge comes from. Plus this is one of the few forums were a gag like that works.

On special request:

Good kick drivers (for Cubo Kick 15 and alike) have:

Qts 0.2 - 0.4
EBP (Fs / Qts) over 100, typically 120 - 180 Hz
Xmax less then 10 mm, typically 6 - 8 mm (except optimistic Faital Pro calculations)
3" - 4" voice coil
Le typically less then 1.5 mH, lower is good

Cubo Kick 15 drivers often have a Qts x Vas product in the 40 - 80 range and a Mms between 80 - 140 g.

My cubo kick is loading JBL 2226, the spec fits most part on your list

Qts  0.31
EBP 129
Xmax 7.6
4" Coil
Le 1.75
Qts x Vas 56
Mms 98

It sounds good to me, the kick is clean and punchy. 

nejten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nejten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2020 at 12:06pm
Laat maar, alles is duidelijk. Bedankt! Dus volgens de t/s parameters zou de Precision Devices  PD.154NR1 een goeie driver zijn voor de cubo kick?
From small acorns oak trees grow.
Jimi Handtrix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimi Handtrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

I use 15nd930 , 1kW amp power per driver , and never had problems in 4 years.

Hey Jo, 

just curious which other drivers you use in combination with the Cubo15 / 15ND930? I'm planning a 12v sound system based on a Cubo with the same driver (which would be covering approximately the 40-100hz range), but don't really know which other drivers would compliment the 15ND930.. I was looking at 2x 8NMB420 8" drivers, plus 3-4x HD1050 1" drivers (plus horns) from Eighteensound. Do you reckon those would compliment each other nicely?

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12