Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for DSP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions for DSP
    Posted: 12 February 2020 at 8:37pm
I'm looking to upgrade my DSP, currently using an ultradrive.

I need something with 2 in and 6 out, with the option of a 5-way mono setup.

Budget £200-300 ideally

Edited by Jackalous - 13 February 2020 at 1:25pm
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2020 at 10:02pm
Purchasing a Driverack to replace a ultradrive in my opinion would be downgrading.

Heard good things about these DB-Mark units People seem to be using.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 12:01am
I've upgraded from Ultradrives to the DB Mark, and while the UI isn't as good, everything else is better.
Jackalous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Purchasing a Driverack to replace a ultradrive in my opinion would be downgrading.

Heard good things about these DB-Mark units People seem to be using.

I quite liked the idea of the Auto EQ/Setup wizard functions with the RTA mic, although I have no reference for how reliable this feature actually is. Do you know of any other units which have this capability?
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 11:59am
I have never heard an auto set up worthy of its name.

Use common sense and as a last resort your ears.

As has been mentioned many times on this forum the DCX is a hard to beat until you get to XTA and even then the additional flexibility of the DCX often comes in handy. 

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 12:21pm
The DB Marks sound noticeably better that the DCX in an a/b test.  Cleaner and clearer.   
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 12:46pm
Whats the difference between the dp and xca series?
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

The DB Marks sound noticeably better that the DCX in an a/b test.  Cleaner and clearer.   

Maybe, but they need to considerably upgrade the GUI and the way the unit connects to a PC.
For DCX you dont need a PC at all ever.

If you are in a market for a really good DSP with IIR, FIR, DYN EQ, Networking... that is not XTA money but still made in Germany, let me know.
Same units in a module form are used in the Lacoustics amps.

Edited by MarjanM - 13 February 2020 at 12:50pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Maybe, but they need to considerably upgrade the GUI and the way the unit connects to a PC.

If you are in a market for a really good DSP with IIR, FIR, DYN EQ, Networking... that is not XTA money but still made in Germany, let me know.

Im on it Marjan ;)  I dont have any issues connecting the DB Marks / Neptunes, i just plug in the USB and click connect, the latest ones have network built in as well.   I agree the GUI is painful to use but thats the same on pretty much all DSPs, i always use the software.  Yes the DCX is easier but try listening to it A/B vs a good one, there no maybe about it, even the Chinese units i tested sound better the DCX. 

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 3:28pm
I have plenty of both here man :)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 3:34pm

What type of DSP are you selling? link to spec etc...?
purple monkey dishwasher
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

What type of DSP are you selling? link to spec etc...?

Full spec will be up on the site within a week or so.
In short, 4in 8out, IIR, FIR, DYNEQ, peak and rms limiter, networking, dante as additional option.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>