Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for DSP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 7:09pm
So a DCX wins over a DriveRack,

But DB Mark is the next one up the ranks from that?

Does anyone else have an opinion, or another reputable brand to offer?
callumtruds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callumtruds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2020 at 11:42pm
I run a Xilica xp4080, super reliable 4 in 8 out,
The on board screen is very basic, could use it in a pinch but I connect the unit to a router and control wirelessly from laptop, software is good, sound quality is superb. 
There is also software available to connect the unit to your phone and monitor / change levels from it, for me the phone control tops it off. 

Disadvantages of xp4080 are the basic screen & the cost of them. 

Xta processors are amazing, possibly some of the best. 
DB mark I have heard are brilliant, nice and cheap, been around for awhile now too so tried & tested.
Dcx are great units for the price point, 

Try borrow a more powerful/higher quality processor to see if there is any audiable upgrade for your own soundsystem would be best. 
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 11:26am
Go for a dbmark xca+.

After a long time of faithful service my BSS omnidrives started failing regularly so needed a replacement.
Used Dcx’s as a stop gap while looking for something better.
Compared loads; ev dc, minidrives, dbx driverack, KT dn, Martin dx0.5, ohm, XTA, dbmark dp and xca.

I found the dp series a little limited in function, but the xca series is wayyy better.

Xca sounded much better than my old omnidrives and other offerings on the market. Had a solid build, good routing flexibility, competent limiting, front panel control and GUI isn’t that bad (although could be better).
You’d have to spend xta money to get an improvement imo.

The Martin dx0.5 is a good option to look at for the price range also.

I now use armonia or back to analogue management but if I needed I wouldn’t hesitate to get another xca or xca+
tomrotten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomrotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:10pm
In the same boat here. Currently use an ultra drive but have recently been borrowing a DB mark 8 out. 

Way more user friendly than the behringer, easy to navigate and cleaner sound imo.

Found one on blue Aran for £280 before Christmas
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:28pm
I always like using XTA kit. very intuitive. I have a voild digidrive atm and it's good but the menu is a pain to remember how to access
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
Jackalous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackalous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

Go for a dbmark xca+.

After a long time of faithful service my BSS omnidrives started failing regularly so needed a replacement.
Used Dcx’s as a stop gap while looking for something better.
Compared loads; ev dc, minidrives, dbx driverack, KT dn, Martin dx0.5, ohm, XTA, dbmark dp and xca.

I found the dp series a little limited in function, but the xca series is wayyy better.

Xca sounded much better than my old omnidrives and other offerings on the market. Had a solid build, good routing flexibility, competent limiting, front panel control and GUI isn’t that bad (although could be better).
You’d have to spend xta money to get an improvement imo.

The Martin dx0.5 is a good option to look at for the price range also.

I now use armonia or back to analogue management but if I needed I wouldn’t hesitate to get another xca or xca+

The DP series is more within my budget, can't quite stretch to XCA at the moment, but what extra features do they have over the DPs?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12