Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mastersounds FX experience?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mastersounds FX experience?
    Posted: 28 February 2020 at 6:58pm
Hiya

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience with the Mastersounds FX unit.  After somebody bumped into my car and wrote it off, I find myself in a position to get myself a Formula Sound FF4.2 and a Mastersounds FX, but I'm struggling to work out how to connect it.

On Mastersounds mixers (for which, admittedly, the FX was designed), it looks like a straight forward send/return, but with the return being an Insert.  The Formula Sound has 2 aux sends, channel one can be a return as has balanced jack inputs and then also has a master insert as well.

In order to get the Mastersounds FX to work properly do I just do send from the Aux out and then return to the insert on the FS? Or do I need to use splitter cables and connect to the insert and the 'return' jack inputs on Channel 1?

I'm getting the FS as I've wanted one for ages and having not enjoyed the experience of Pioneer RMX-500 (phasing/delay issues), the Mastersounds looks great, but I'm confused how they've done the routing.  Ta Smile
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2020 at 11:15pm
Know some house types who rate mastersounds.The FF4.2 has send/return, should be fine. Or connect it between master out and rack depending on what you want.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2020 at 11:21pm
I’ll have a play with it and see what I can work out. It can be made to work with a mixer without an insert, so it can’t be that hard!
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2020 at 7:58am
You should give Ryan at MasterSounds a shout about it. 
He’s a great guy and super helpful. 
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2020 at 9:04am
👍🏻
 Post Reply Post Reply