Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sound and Lighting Bargains

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound and Lighting Bargains
    Posted: 18 March 2020 at 2:02pm
Looks like we are going to see loads of quality second hand gear coming on to the market over the next six months or so as both small and large companies start trying to shift assets to make ends meet and all this will do is bring the prices crashing down as the market saturates with a glut of gear.
I really do feel sorry for a lot of you guys on here as it is always difficult in good times to earn a crust in this industry but in the present climate virtually impossible.
Anyone who has a lump of cash in the bank will be able to pick up some right bargains in readiness for when it all levels out again but in the meantime, we will all have to learn to wipe our arses with newspaper and put up with headaches due to the lack of Paracetamol.
Wouldn't it be nice if we see Ebay go bust!!!!!!!!

Edited by Robbo - 18 March 2020 at 2:04pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 2:31pm
Im willing to swap 2 toilet rolls for a rack of Crown amps?

But seriously,i agree John, leisure industry is dead now, will bounce back,but will take a long time.

Unhappy
Be seeing you.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 2:39pm
Im absolutley gutted for Kyle to be selling the Incubus rig Cry but, as above, im sure this is only the start of it. 
I did show the other half the advert, and she went NO! Shocked 
So glad I still have my day job to fall back on
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 3:23pm
Quite a few of the small arts organisations I work for will probably go to the wall, the larger hire firms that I freelance for are really worried. With lots of kit on finance and no way to keep payments what happens? 

Will it really be in the interests of the finance companies to reposes used stock that no one has the money to re purchase second hand? I remain hopeful that (as with my mortgage) lenders a) have a heart and b) realise that the best way to get the investment back is to support everyone over the short to medium term...

I try to be an optimist... Its hard... but its all I can do (apart from totally freak out at the chaos that is falling around us every now and then...)

3 hours and 33 mins so far on hold to Santander mortgage helpline...
blah blah blah blah blah......
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:14pm
I'd entertain some trs, or d&b c, and mics, 
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Looks like we are going to see loads of quality second hand gear coming on to the market over the next six months or so as both small and large companies start trying to shift assets to make ends meet and all this will do is bring the prices crashing down as the market saturates with a glut of gear.
I really do feel sorry for a lot of you guys on here as it is always difficult in good times to earn a crust in this industry but in the present climate virtually impossible.
Anyone who has a lump of cash in the bank will be able to pick up some right bargains in readiness for when it all levels out again but in the meantime, we will all have to learn to wipe our arses with newspaper and put up with headaches due to the lack of Paracetamol.
Wouldn't it be nice if we see Ebay go bust!!!!!!!!
you'll have a barn full in no time. 
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:33pm
No barns now Dave--I gave them up when I retired, and for the first time in my life I now have a double garage that I can actually get two cars inside.
I get to 70 years old in a couple of weeks so that puts me in the danger zone which is a good excuse to get outside to do some serious fishing as long as the weather improves---it seems like a good way of self-isolating to me.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 8:38pm
Businesses built on debt will be struggling now.

It’s all very well having the best new posh shinny kit on tick. And going out doing shows just to pay the finance company’s back.

When the good is good it’s good. But when it’s bad it’s terrible!

Im lucky enough to be in the position where my monthly outgoings are the rent on the unit and insurance.

Going to shut the doors up and have another look at it in May. Time spent with the kids for me :)
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 8:48pm
I'm seriously considering that if it comes to it I might end up buying kit off one of my mates who runs a small hire company just so he can pay the rent on his unit etc.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 9:00pm
It's not only businesses.

Since the last economic crash, the Government has been encouraging a debt-fuelled economic recovery. In other words, consumers have been buying lots of things on credit. When entire households suddenly lose their income, they won't be able to maintain the payments.

And it's all very well to offer mortgage holidays, but what about renters? Consider the following:

I know 4 young people who share a flat in London. They all work in the events industry on conferences and gigs.  One is in catering and the other three do AV/Sound for hire companies. They are all self-employed and with all current and future work now cancelled, the entire household now has zero income. Next month they won't be able to pay the rent. Or utilities bills.

The landlord is not a dodgy buy-to-letter. The flat belongs to his 80-something mother who is in a privately run care home. The rent pays the cost of her care. Will she be thrown out on the street in a couple of months time (assuming she survives that long), or will the landlord have to evict all the tenants so he can put the flat up for sale (in a crashing market) ?

Edited by madboffin - 18 March 2020 at 9:01pm
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

Im absolutley gutted for Kyle to be selling the Incubus rig Cry <snip>

Advert URL please
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

Advert URL please

https://facebook.com/groups/186502654849560?view=permalink&id=1574011112765367 hopefully you can see that, think that group is public
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>