Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sound Systems for Covid19 Community Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sound Systems for Covid19 Community Announcements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound Systems for Covid19 Community Announcements
    Posted: 19 March 2020 at 4:14pm
Happened to mention to the nurse at my local health centre that I had a pile of sound equipment sitting here that could be used for announcements and did they think it would be of help, immediate response was YES PLEASE, we are trying to get a message out that the chemist is closed for 2 hours each day, that would be a massive help.
So sat here now putting together what I can for a portable system and another to go on my shed roof in the middle of the village, also volunteered to try and help get as much sorted elsewhere in my local area as possible.
Just maybe something useful we can do with all this kit sitting around doing nowt.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 5:12pm
Good Idea!

This should not be an issue for those with standard 2-way/3-way full range cabinets. Sound equipment is still needed to get the message across during a crisis.

Best Regards,  
Elliot Thompson
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 6:03pm

Or get one of these:

Sometimes old school is best!    LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 6:50pm
But will you have the correct speaker plug for that particular socket ????Big smile
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 7:37pm
When I worked at a nuclear reactor it was all about arrays of 8 EV 2" on a small pole mounted to the biggest buildings on site or on whacking great poles bigger than a street light. I could hear these very clearly from my flat 4km down river during siren tests with the windows closed (shitty single glazing, lol).

Bring out yer dead JBL landmines.
Don't test the champignon sound
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Or get one of these:

Sometimes old school is best!    LOL

Ha, yeah been looking but ebay etc  seem to have sold out.
 Post Reply Post Reply