Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v DSP wiring help please???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v DSP wiring help please???
    Posted: 29 March 2020 at 10:57am
I would like to use this DSP as part of my 12v system. I would like to know how to wire this to run directly off my 12v Deep Cycle Battery?? My amplifier will also be running off the same battery too. I assume i cut the plug off and there will be 2 cables to connect to the battery? And fit inline fuse on the positive but what size?

2)  I would also like to check that i understand the audio wiring side of things correct too. My sub will be bridged to 2 channels so would i just go:

1/4" Jack from DSP to twin RCA on channel A of the Amp.
Or does it just need 1 rca?

3)  I would be using my phone as the input too so i assume that would just be:
Aux to 1/4" Jack input 1 of DSP

Edited by Jack1991 - 12 May 2020 at 11:54am
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:54am
Bump
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 6:36pm
You could could fit an inline 3a blade fuse.

For your phone I would get a minjack to 2x 1/4" jack and put them in inputs one and two.

For simplicities sake I would just get 4x 1/4" to RCA leads. The manual shows you how to do the wiring for various options :)

Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 7:30pm
Cool thanks Sam 🙂👍🏼

Out of interest what the resoning for putting them in inputs 1 and 2? As i only have 1 input.

Edited by Jack1991 - 12 May 2020 at 8:07pm
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:25pm
The cable that is mentioned is a stereo 3.5mm jack to your phone to 2 mono jack's to input 1 and 2 for left and right.

Dupe...
Dupe...
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:38pm
Ah yeh course, thanks man 👍🏼
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:19pm
If using a DSP, what do you set the GAIN dial to on the amplifier? 

Also i assume the lpf/hpf you set to off and then set each outputs lpf/hpf on the dsp?
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 3:55am
I'm assuming you don't have an oscilloscope?

If not, then here's what I do. I start with my source device, and play a clean test track or tone. I put the volume up on it until I hear it start to distort if at all. Then I take it back a notch or two. Then I make my way upstream doing the same to each and then with the amp I bring it upto the max volume I'd like. This is assuming all of your kit is decent with high signal to noise values, if not then you may have to compensate somethere along the time. 

If you have an oscilloscope, then play a test tone and measure it along the signal path checking to check for squarewaves/clipping/distortion.

And temp, turn off all the crossover stuff on the amp and let the DSP handle all of that.
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:12am
Thanks for the help Sam 🙂👍🏼

No i dont own a oscilloscope. I will do that as youve said.

I was thinking with a DSP the gain would have to be set on there instead of on the amp. Or maybe have the gain on the amp set to 'normal' and theb set the gain properly on the DSP itself.
 Post Reply Post Reply