Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double 10" Sealed Enclosure Advice please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Jack1991 Jack1991 wrote:

i have a 'Equaliser FX Pro' app on my phone which i have to use when i plug my phone in via aux as for some reason the volume goes really low when on aux. Anyway, it has a volume booster which i turn on and then also i adjust all the EQ through there, which seems to work really well

Phones usually have a software cap on aux volume to stop you from damaging your hearing using headphones too loud. The EQ/volume boost apps just override the level cap in the phone software. Does the trick but it does drain the phone battery quicker too.

Edited by Sonic the hedge - 23 May 2020 at 2:05pm
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:05am
Oh ok cool thanks Sonic! It seems to work really well this app.
Sonic the hedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 8:14am

Oh ok cool thanks Sonic! It seems to work really well this app.

Thinking about it booster app probably won't drain the battery much using an aux lead because the input impedance to an amp is much higher than wired headphones etc. but definitely chews the battery using the phone speaker.

For home I use a Bluetooth aux adapter, tenner off eBay and sounds perfect.
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 8:41am
Thats a good idea actually using a aux bluetooth adapter. It will stop me accidently pulling the aux out my phone then. And also save some space in my 'amp/cables box' by getting rid of my long aux lead. 

I assume your bluetooth aux adapter is battery powered?
Sonic the hedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:04am

Thats a good idea actually using a aux bluetooth adapter. It will stop me accidently pulling the aux out my phone then. And also save some space in my 'amp/cables box' by getting rid of my long aux lead. 

I assume your bluetooth aux adapter is battery powered?

The one I have has mini usb for power, so you can use a phone charger or usb battery pack. I guess you could also use a car usb charger for 12v battery feed, but you might need to try a couple of different types because some chargers interfere with the audio.

Took ages for delivery so perhaps find a different seller! But this model works perfectly, I've had a couple different types and some are a bit temperamental, Bluetooth drops, noise etc.

Edited by Sonic the hedge - 24 May 2020 at 11:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112