Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual 12+ HF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2021 at 5:42pm
@toastyghost
1m is indeed to short of a distance, last measurements I was bound by the weather conditions. Going for a larger distance would give me problems with other boundaries. In the coming weeks, weather is improving which gives me more freedom. A 244x122cm piece of wood will probably do the job as a reflective underground. For now that with a large grass field is the best I can do. A large concrete surface would be ideal, but not much of those in the neighborhood.

In the above pics, the IR window is set at the default values. So 125ms left and 500 right.

Btw thanks for that PDF, have not read that one yet Smile

Edited by smitske96 - 23 March 2021 at 11:34am
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2021 at 6:32pm
Which 21" driver did you go for in the end? 

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Which 21" driver did you go for in the end? 

I settled on the SAN214.50. The 215.30 was still very hard to get.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2021 at 10:59am
Quick update:

Getting the tuning frequency a bit higher to around 70-80Hz is very difficult with the current port layout.
So for now I am going back to panels that close fully at the front, and drill or cut the ports in to the panel (like the T24N). 

Also busy with the bracket for the DCX464 and HF950 horn. I can't mount the HF950 just at the front due to the weight. And not only an the entry due to the extra ringing of the horn if its floating free in the air.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2021 at 7:22pm
Next up is the following layout:
Hornresp predicts (as far as it can) some smoother response between 150-500 Hz. Also some gain rearchamber volume and space to get the drivers mounted. Hornlength is a bit shorter. 

FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2021 at 8:46pm
You are nearing something like EV MTH4 mid section.
Missing the triangled block between the drivers, to reflect the sound 🙂

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2021 at 2:09pm
Correct, I am also opting to add such a panel later on while testing.
Note that the current panel between the two panels is for bracing purposes.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2021 at 10:14am
To bump this topic. Next version of the 4x10" is on its way. Also carefully looking for some 10" neo options due to the weight. Hope to get some measurements done in 2 weeks (maybe 1). 
Besides that also curious about the eventual sensitivity of the Low/Mid section, could be hard for the DCX464 to keep up. 
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 2:31pm
New update:
Unfortunately no grills from ra.be. They had waterdamage from grom the recent floods and can't profuce for quite some time. So I decided to go with foam grills and look for other options in a year or so.
Also ordered some 10FH500's for testing and possibly replace the ferrite Obertons. Weight wise they would save me 13,6kg per cab, besides that also some extra powerhandling and xmax. In return I lose some sensitivity, though not that much as the specsheets would give away probably.

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 2:42pm
With grill/foam:
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 1:04pm
Some quick measurements with a UMIK 1 (@1,5m). 

Only low section, no EQ or filtering applied and the dip @118Hz is due to reflections.

Also tried it quick with the DCX464, no allignment done, just a LPF and HPF (24dB BW).

Even with this simple setup I already see a lot of potential in it, very good speech intelligibility and LOUD!
Next I really need a better measurement location to get some real things done but first i will assemble the cabinets for real. 
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2021 at 9:12pm
And since I still want to know the difference..

I bought a SAN215.30 LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>