Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown Audio - A 12v 3way Small Rig Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2021 at 7:42pm
No this 1 amp is fine for what i need & want out of it.
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2021 at 7:22pm
have you considered to get a second amp? or is it still fine this one pioneer?
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 6:42pm
Heart

Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 5:22pm
No problem 🙂

Before i got the dsp i had passive crossovers. So the chain goes 1 channel of amplifier to passive crossover, then on the passive crossover you have 1 mid and 1 top. The passive crossover seperates the mid top frequencys.

Battery i use is a 12v 110ah Leoch AGM Leisure battery
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 4:57pm
sweet :) thanks again!

without dsp you won't be able to control what's going on right? especially to seperate tops from mids as the amp doesn't have a lot of outputs to choose from...

btw: what battery do you use? did i skip this information?

cheers

Edited by nilspixel - 21 June 2021 at 4:59pm
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by nilspixel nilspixel wrote:

Another question about your project came up in my head...

Do you use the same powersource for both your amp and dsp? Any problems with unwanted noise?

thanks and keep going. i'd also be interested in your dsp setup when done ;)

Yes all running off the same battery mate and no i havent had any problems with any noise so far.

In terms of dsp setup i have just set the delays, the crossover points, then the gains i have set using a osilloscope on the sub channels and set it so they are not clipping. The mids and tops gain i have then just adjusted to sound nice with the subs.

To be honest having set all these i hear no difference to before i had the dsp. But i didnt think it sounded bad at all before anyway, it sounded great, just i notice no difference after. However I can understand now how a measurement microphone and testing my system would really help. As by ear and still being a newbie to it all i have no idea if i have phase issues or other things that i dont even know about without testing it using a measurement microphone.

I have had a look into it and it does seem very hard to understand the graphs and what to actually look for, and then how to correct it etc. Its not something i can really do in my back garden either by the sounds of it. But its definitely something I will get round to in the future.

Edited by Jack1991 - 21 June 2021 at 8:32pm
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by dj jammin dj jammin wrote:

Quality project and photos.. really great to see it all taking shape.. inspiring stuff..

Cheers mate 🙂👍🏼 yeh i tried to include as much info as i could as its hard at first starting out so hopefully it can help others too.
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 2:10pm
Another question about your project came up in my head...

Do you use the same powersource for both your amp and dsp? Any problems with unwanted noise?

thanks and keep going. i'd also be interested in your dsp setup when done ;)
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 11:17am
Quality project and photos.. really great to see it all taking shape.. inspiring stuff..
Reverence Sound system

martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 6:23am
Here's a few measurements for THAM15 showing how it behaves using a "the box" transducer, I would expect the THAM12 to allow for an even higher XO, but as always it is you ears that should be the judge on how to integrate them into a system, not graphs.

Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 5:54pm
i see :) now bassreflex also makes sense to me.. thanks!
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 1:54pm
Yeh i cross mine at 100hz to my mids. I tried them higher and it didnt sound right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>