Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown Audio - A 12v 3way Small Rig Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:10pm
*UPDATE*

Upgraded my box now to house the DSP in, also added alot more ventilation holes in the box and a little removable hatch on the right side to get to the cable terminals on the amplifier if ever i need to. A door on the left hand side to get access to bits like bluetooth adapter, multi screwdriver etc whats stored in there, also its handy to access the controls on the amplifier.

Got the Amplifier at the front. The DSP to the left (its fitted on a angle as i made the box a while ago before i even thought about a DSP). Got the battery at the back. Then all the speaker/power cables just fit into the gaps around it all.

Little voltmeter fitted in there too, to keep an eye on the battery level.

Been trying to learn and setup the DSP all correctly since getting it a month or so ago. Its quite confusing at first as never used anything like this before, but most of it makes sense now. Mainly the gain staging is what has been confusing me. Looking forward to testing it out properly.

Edited by Jack1991 - 12 May 2021 at 9:12pm
samsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:48am
Yeah that would be amazing! I've got a pretty similar setup to yours so it'd be really useful to see how you've set up the dsp, even if it's not perfect. Would you mind emailing them to samskel@aol.com?
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 10:22am
wonderful project. Love it!

May i ask why you went for bassreflex mids? is it just for a extra boost of bass?

cheers!
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 10:42am
Originally posted by nilspixel nilspixel wrote:

wonderful project. Love it!

May i ask why you went for bassreflex mids? is it just for a extra boost of bass?

cheers!

Not too sure why i chose them to be honest. Im not sure what other choices i had really, i had a picture in my head what i wanted them to look like and then used winisd to calculate the enclosure and tried acouple of different speaker drivers until i got the result i was after. From what i remember i think they go down to 90z or 100hz.
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 11:39am
thanks for your answer =) I'm about to build something really similar to yours but use 2xTHAM15 for subs... I might go for sealded mids because i think they should be good enough as THAM's play good until 200HZ...
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 1:25pm
the thams (both 12" and 15") are only good for upto about 100 - 110hz, anything above that and they don't sound nice.
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 1:54pm
Yeh i cross mine at 100hz to my mids. I tried them higher and it didnt sound right.
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 5:54pm
i see :) now bassreflex also makes sense to me.. thanks!
martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 6:23am
Here's a few measurements for THAM15 showing how it behaves using a "the box" transducer, I would expect the THAM12 to allow for an even higher XO, but as always it is you ears that should be the judge on how to integrate them into a system, not graphs.

Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 11:17am
Quality project and photos.. really great to see it all taking shape.. inspiring stuff..
Reverence Sound system

nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 2:10pm
Another question about your project came up in my head...

Do you use the same powersource for both your amp and dsp? Any problems with unwanted noise?

thanks and keep going. i'd also be interested in your dsp setup when done ;)
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by dj jammin dj jammin wrote:

Quality project and photos.. really great to see it all taking shape.. inspiring stuff..

Cheers mate 🙂👍🏼 yeh i tried to include as much info as i could as its hard at first starting out so hopefully it can help others too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>