Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown Audio - A 12v 3way Small Rig Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2021 at 7:47am
Originally posted by CFLsound CFLsound wrote:

Hey if youre still looking for somewhere in bristol to give them a test run I could probably sort you out on a farm round leigh woods way. Send me a PM.

That would be great cheers. P.m'd you mate 👍🏼
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2021 at 9:41pm
Update:

Getting round to continuing this project, had this lot delivered today. The final 2x sub drivers for the extra 2 tham12s, a DSP, some speaker cable and neutrik connectors and then a 12-280-8A sub which is just for a cubo kick im building just as a little side thing nothing to do with lockdown audio.

Now i finally got the DSP ill be using that to control the crossovers, so will need to remove the passive crossovers. And then wire the mids in parallel, and the tops in series.

I need to get learning how to properly set up the DSP though. I downloaded the dsp software a while ago to try and learn it, so that id be ready for when i get it, but there are alot of parts that i just dont understand & also if i even need to use some parts on there too, like 'comp' and 'gate'.

Ill post a link to the dsp, they have photos of each tab of the software on there so its easy to see what i mean. If anyone would be able to help me out in explaining how to set it up correctly.

Edited by Jack1991 - 05 April 2021 at 9:00am
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 6:47pm
Had a chance today to fit the final 2 tham12 drivers. Also made up some new speaker cables too for the mids, tops and subs. And a few cables for the dsp outputs to the amplfier inputs.

I've used these ferrules on the car amplifier end of the speaker cables. They make such a good connection. Once you screw the allen bolt down onto them they compress and hold it on.

Edited by Jack1991 - 05 April 2021 at 6:48pm
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 8:53pm
Looks neat! 

If you crimp those ferrules, it'll stop them being pulled off over the cores Thumbs Up
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by infrasound infrasound wrote:

Looks neat! 

If you crimp those ferrules, it'll stop them being pulled off over the cores Thumbs Up

Cheers infrasound, yeh as soon as they go into the speaker terminal and tighten it up it crimps itself then and fits nice and snug.

Edited by Jack1991 - 05 April 2021 at 9:04pm
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 9:11pm
Ah, I see. Not sure how secure that'll be? Depends how much force you can get through the terminal.

I use a 4 way crimper such as these, which gives 100% lock

Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 9:27pm
Really secure, i cant imagine it would ever come out had it like it on the other speaker cables just didnt get a photo before. Saw it on a car audio youtube video.

But cool yeh i did see those crimpers. For the price i might just grab some and give it a go that way too. 

Edited by Jack1991 - 05 April 2021 at 9:27pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 11:02pm
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2021 at 7:47am
I have the six jaw version of the same thing which produces a hexagon crimp. They're brilliant and as said above they get used a lot! Once you start crimping you'll find you use them all the time.  
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2021 at 7:57am
Cool cheers guys. I will definitely pick myself up a crimping tool for ferrules.

Heres the link to the video of why i have just been using the terminal screw to do the crimping in this situation.
samsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 5:11pm

Hey, I really liked your Lockdown Audio project and built a 12v rig off your design, it's been a lot of fun so far!

Having a bit of bother with the t-racks mini dsp though, been fiddling with it for ages and reading this thread and others but can't seem to work it out, it's not sounding right and I'm not getting the power output I'd expect.

I was wondering if you'd mind sending me screenshots of your crossover points etc. or even better the .prs file with your settings in it?
Cheers,

Sam

Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by samsk samsk wrote:

Hey, I really liked your Lockdown Audio project and built a 12v rig off your design, it's been a lot of fun so far!

Having a bit of bother with the t-racks mini dsp though, been fiddling with it for ages and reading this thread and others but can't seem to work it out, it's not sounding right and I'm not getting the power output I'd expect.

I was wondering if you'd mind sending me screenshots of your crossover points etc. or even better the .prs file with your settings in it?
Cheers,

Sam

Cheers mate glad you liked it!

With the dsp im still learning it myself to be honest mate. I dont mind sending over the screenshots or that though if you still wanted them just not 100% its correct. Also id assume your system would be set up fairly different anyway wouldnt it? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>