Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2x15" front loaded horn F2B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2x15" front loaded horn F2B
    Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:15pm
no joke, no kidding.......  I was asked by a gentleman to post these documents on his behalf  (he prefers to stay anonymous). I had a private conversation with an elder forum member about this. He had no objection to me posting this. 

Take it for what it is...... I have no clue as to how accurate or correct these plans are. I am sure a discussion on the details will ensue....... 

So grab your popcorn, cork your bottles, drum roll.........

sorry for posting PDF files. I couldn't be arsed to convert all the documents, they are also incredibly compact in size....  I think this is the most crucial part of the plans, the details are in the rest of the documents.

(I just realized that there seems to be a missing page, will add it when/if I get it)
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:45pm

Danny A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:58pm
Thanks Bob4

What would be a good modern driver for this design?

edit - I see that the L15-554K is the modern driver for this design

Edited by Danny A - 11 May 2020 at 9:06pm
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

This is likely to either be the original driver, if not very very close. ATC still provide this unit.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

only modern drivers that will fit and are in the right-ballpark acoustically are RCF MB15N401 and MB15N405.

any other drivers you are going to be redesigning a whole nex box rather than creating anything close to an F2B.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:25pm
..aaaaand, first one to calculate and post hornresp inputs gets a cookie Big smile
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Danny A Danny A wrote:

Thanks Bob4

It says "alternative driver", no guarantee, take it with a tablespoon of salt. There are also warnings on several pages urging the prospective builder to evaluate driver clearances before attempting a build. You have been warned. Shocked
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 10:53pm
Your plans are A+

madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 10:54pm
It is clear that those drawings have been made by studying an existing cabinet, and some of the detail is a bit off.

For example - the parts drawn on page 5 (T5,6,7,8,12,13) should actually be two solid wood blocks, and the shape isn't quite right. If you make these with small pieces of plywood, you will probably end up with rattles after a period of use.

It will take a while to check the dimensions for accuracy as they are all measured from different reference points to the original.

If anyone tries to sim this -  note that the void between T4, T10, and the horn flare is open to the rear of the baffle and adds to the back chamber volume. The cutaways in the baffle, giving access to that extra volume, were to provide clearance for the backing plates for the flying points that were fitted to the original cabinets. Obviously the flying metalwork is not needed for a ground stacked box.

Would be interesting to see page 8 if you can get it, maybe it's a baffle drawing?

Edited by madboffin - 11 May 2020 at 10:59pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:17am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Originally posted by Danny A Danny A wrote:

Thanks Bob4

It says "alternative driver", no guarantee, take it with a tablespoon of salt. There are also warnings on several pages urging the prospective builder to evaluate driver clearances before attempting a build. You have been warned. Shocked

the L15-554K does fit easily. the other two RCF I mentioned don't.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:56am
Well the outside dimensions match my 'extended' F2B's. And as I've said on this forum before, try them with the PD1550!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Well the outside dimensions match my 'extended' F2B's. And as I've said on this forum before, try them with the PD1550!

It may well do externally but a PD1550 will not fit this plan, including the driver rebate you have about 155mm depth on this drawing, a PD1550 has a total depth of 160mm, I'm convinced this plan is not totally accurate to the original or the stretched ones.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>