Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help with designing kick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

In my mind kicks lives at 90 hz so you see from your  frequency response why i was doubtful.
i think that is probably worth highlighting...

(and) I'd say even lower.
Bottom of that article picks out 55hz for the batter head and 82Hz for the resonant head, you've rolled of 20db and 12db at those points respectively.

(I guess it depends if you're are building "kick" bins to re-enforce kick, or building upper bass/lower mids to fill a gap in that you have.)

keith192001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith192001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 1:38pm
I want the enclosure tuned to 47hz or 50hz
totalAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totalAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 4:23pm
yes I understand what you are saying, I should have specified it is really a low mid horn of sorts not a kick cab at all as I have this range covered.
With that in mind any thoughts?
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 6:47pm
Hi  again
First check your T/s parameters,  re and qes  seems off from those  i found. 
Vtc you can measure volume  inside cone with rice or similar method,  and add that to vtc  OR s2 in this kind    of OD.
if you use vtc  you can use sd  as atc, if using s2 for this leave vtc and atc at zero. Multiply for the number of drivers , 4 in this case.
You can also double click on vtc box for a nice calculator. 

Edited by Jo bg - 06 June 2020 at 6:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123