Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

db-Mark DP+ vs XCA+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: db-Mark DP+ vs XCA+
    Posted: 09 June 2020 at 9:57pm
Does anyone know if there's any noticeable difference in sound quality between the db-Mark DP+ series and XCA+ series loudspeaker managment systems? 
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2020 at 7:13am
There was for me :)
Fred_dibna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2020 at 10:27am
You demo'd both DSP's did you? I meant to buy the XCA26+ but accidentally bought the DP26+I was thinking I might sell it and get an XCA26+ but wasn't sure if there'd be a very noticeable difference in audio quality. I haven't even used my DP26+ yet.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 2:51am
I owned both as well as DCX, DC1, XTA DP226, 9088IIS, BLU, Minidrive.

XCA28 is my fave sounding unit to date. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 6:07pm
The XCA28 has better sound quality than the XTA DP226? Wow that's impressive. 
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 3:35pm
It's on a par with, but I prefer the interface.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

It's on a par with, but I prefer the interface.

Sound quality wise they're both about the same but the interface as in USB3.0 port on the XCA is what you prefer? I'll have to try and sell my DP26+ then and buy an XCA28, i've not even used my DP26+ yet and only bought it about four weeks ago. It's been sat in my living room. 

Edited by Fred_dibna - 27 June 2020 at 6:01pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2020 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Fred_dibna Fred_dibna wrote:

I'll have to try and sell my DP26+ then and buy an XCA28, i've not even used my DP26+ yet and only bought it about four weeks ago. It's been sat in my living room. 

I don’t get this, why sell it if you haven’t even used it so have zero idea what it actually sounds like?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2020 at 4:54pm
I've turned it on and run audio through it in my living room to test it out but i've not used it outside the house. I know it sounds good but if the XCA is better then i'll sell it and get an XCA. 
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2020 at 9:19pm

I've turned it on and run audio through it in my living room to test it out but i've not used it outside the house. I know it sounds good but if the XCA is better then i'll sell it and get an XCA. 
Makes no sense. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

Makes no sense. 

Well I bought it to use later in the year after the lockdown had ended as pubs started opening and I can start doing dance music parties in pubs in my area, I meant to order the XCA26 originally but got confused one morning when ordering it and ordered the DP26+. I figured yes it's a loss of money but if the XCA series is much better sounding then i'd rather have the XCA series, I was originally gonna get an XCA26 but I figured I might as well buy an XCA28 so I have two extra channels to be used for my dj monitors. Do you understand now the mistake I made and how I haven't used it yet but was intending to at pubs when they opened? I was thinking about contacting Blue Aran and asking them if I could return it because obviously it's unused and put the extra money towards the XCA but I doubt they'd do that. It was genuine mistake, I did like I said above mean to order the XCA. 
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2020 at 10:49pm
Won't hurt to ask if they'll take it back
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>