Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Glastonbury 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Glastonbury 2020
    Posted: 28 June 2020 at 11:53pm
Decided to knock up my own pyramid stage with the kids Friday. 4 pd186 reflex bins from a pkn 10k and a pair of Sherman tops powered by a tamp 4 - 1600. Xbox running audio through a cambridge audio dac. Couple of led bars and a smoke machine...just like the real thing!

mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2020 at 11:57pm
your neighbours must love you!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 12:03am
To be fair I've got a pretty big garden on a slope so sound is mostly cancelled out. Checked today and they're cool. 
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 12:10am
lucky bastard! i have one who complains at the noise of the garden machinery im restoring, only run them for like 5mins at a time, just to get up to running temp. Pah!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 12:21am
It's not often, I have a good relationship with my neighbours so everythings cool. If you want total silence, dig a hole and sleep in it. 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 12:23am
The kids have fun, that's it really. My youngest said building this was the coolest and proudest thing he'd done 👍Life doesn't get much better than that. 
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 7:52am
That is so bloody cool Smile
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 9:19am
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

The kids have fun, that's it really. My youngest said building this was the coolest and proudest thing he'd done 👍Life doesn't get much better than that. 

Love this. Looks brilliant. Memories the kids will never forget. 

I'm a little concerned you're setting the bar a bit high though boots! 
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 1:00pm
That is brilliant mate, glad your kids loved it.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 3:59pm
Just as long as you didn't go to all that troublejust to watch and listen to Coldplay!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 4:34pm
What was the old turbosound configuration at glasto? Didn't seem a big rig from some of the highlights over the weekend.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Just as long as you didn't go to all that troublejust to watch and listen to Coldplay!

Sod that. Groove Armada sounded good although the singer had a major sweaty camel toe going on LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>