Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Glastonbury 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 8:13am
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Just as long as you didn't go to all that troublejust to watch and listen to Coldplay!

Sod that. Groove Armada sounded good although the singer had a major sweaty camel toe going on LOL

LMAO!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
edboom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edboom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 9:51am
Class. Glastonbury, but without the giggling Nitrous Oxide huffers in the tent next door at 5.30am.....And only a stones throw from your bedroom! I can see that catching on.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 9:57am
Originally posted by woody2 woody2 wrote:

What was the old turbosound configuration at glasto? Didn't seem a big rig from some of the highlights over the weekend.

You mean the Flashlight systems?

The main stage had piles of it. All flown with floodlight on delays and infill.

I remember as a youngster the subs (TFS780L) being stacked in massive piles either side of the pyramid. 

The NME stage was a similar system just a lot smaller. That maybe the system you seen. Did the footage have Skan stencilled on the front of the wedges? Skan PA still do that stage to this day. 

Edited by jacethebase - 30 June 2020 at 9:58am
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 10:51am
I was watching the glasto experience last weekend when it finally dawned we're in for the really long run regarding social distancing and a grey cloack fell over me, got a bit depressed but then i saw this post. spent the whole sunday with my kids building an amazing LEGO city. 

Thanks for lifting my spirits!
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Originally posted by woody2 woody2 wrote:

What was the old turbosound configuration at glasto? Didn't seem a big rig from some of the highlights over the weekend.

You mean the Flashlight systems?

The main stage had piles of it. All flown with floodlight on delays and infill.

I remember as a youngster the subs (TFS780L) being stacked in massive piles either side of the pyramid. 

The NME stage was a similar system just a lot smaller. That maybe the system you seen. Did the footage have Skan stencilled on the front of the wedges? Skan PA still do that stage to this day. 

pyramid stage

pre- 2000 and looked ground stacked, also spotted martin blackbox on stage
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 1:32pm
groundstacked would have been way before 2000. I have memory's of watching loads of bands there in the late 90's when I was at school and that was always flown flashlight. For the majority of the 90's the pyramid was actually a Orbit. Pretty sure the original pyramid burnt down circa 1993/4 and the new one was built around 2000.

I have seen photos of TMS3 stacked either side of the stage. But only photos I wasn't around then.

www.stage2sound.com
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 1:42pm
the original pyramid stage was located up in the staff camp field, by pedestrian gate B - the 'blue gate' vehicle search/ticketing lane goes straight through it. 

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 30 June 2020 at 1:42pm
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 1:49pm

198#?

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

the original pyramid stage was located up in the staff camp field, by pedestrian gate B - the 'blue gate' vehicle search/ticketing lane goes straight through it. 

Wow I never knew that Pat.

Just shows how much it has grown.

www.stage2sound.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 4:08pm

www.stage2sound.com
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Bams Bams wrote:

I was watching the glasto experience last weekend when it finally dawned we're in for the really long run regarding social distancing and a grey cloack fell over me, got a bit depressed but then i saw this post. spent the whole sunday with my kids building an amazing LEGO city. 

Thanks for lifting my spirits!
Every cloud and all that...
Im going to make this a regular thing at my place. My kids absolutely loved it, shame we only had freinds over with their two. Next year hopefully I'll invite 30-40 ppl. I did intend on turning my man cave in a dance tent with an Alice in wonderland type small door to enter by but it was all a bit spur of the moment and we ran out of materials. I thought the BBC coverage was pretty poor considering all the epic bands that have performed over the years, but then I'm not surprised it is the BBC after all! 

Edited by boots-hifi - 30 June 2020 at 5:09pm
doober View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 5:34pm
The mk2 pyramid stage on the 1980's photos burnt down in 1994, only weeks before the event and my first time there. The BBC don't have any decent footage of this stage as they didn't televise it until 1994.

Pyramid PA in 94 was 18 flashight per side and 2 delay towers. I think the bass was tsw721, a big pile of maybe 16 per side. This system was used until 2002 when they used l'acoustics v-dosc. I was amazed how small the 2 main v-dosc hangs looked, but not so impressed with the sound, it seemed to be lacking something.

They then went with Nexo geo-t for a few years, this made the memory of the v-dosc improve somewhat...

1994 NME stage (now called Other stage) had 12 turbo TMS3 per side flown from cranes. The stage was tiny compared to it's current size. Later years had flashlight. It's all D&B now, but still the same company.

I saw some good footage from the Jazz World stage (now West Holts) at the weekend, back when they had a monster Thunder Ridge system. That set up was fierce, in the best way! That stage has always sounded great, something to do with ley lines apparently.

Blahblahblah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>