Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

psu type

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vámonos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: psu type
    Posted: 09 July 2020 at 9:23am
Hi All, can someone Id this connector type please. I need to get an aftermarket psu. thanks 

Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 9:39am
Can't open the link, but I see Rane AC23in the line and that must be some Modular/RJ-something connector. I think it was a 4-pole, but not sure about that ( long time no see )
vámonos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vámonos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 10:08am
hmm that's strange about the link, I found a data sheet, hopefully this will open. yes it seems to be an old and inconvenient connection type. i'm getting the feeling it will be harder to get power supply than it was getting the crossover 

Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 10:34am
For what I remember from the earlier (not B version), it was 230V AC and I also think it was on the right side. According to this 23B manual, it's still the same connector and it should still be fed with 230V AC. How 230V AC can be run through such a connector was always beyond me ( pin distance ).
Is there room to fabricate another more convenient connector in it or put a cable gland/cord grip in ?

Edited by Peter Jan - 09 July 2020 at 10:35am
vámonos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vámonos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 10:40am
I've not taken delivery of the unit yet so don't have a whole bunch of info on it including such matters as model variant etc it was A compulsive internet gambit. thanks for the info so far folks 

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 2:16pm
vámonos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vámonos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 2:44pm
thank for this and to everyone. blimmin legends you lot xx
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Peter Jan Peter Jan wrote:

For what I remember from the earlier (not B version), it was 230V AC and I also think it was on the right side. According to this 23B manual, it's still the same connector and it should still be fed with 230V AC. How 230V AC can be run through such a connector was always beyond me ( pin distance ).
Is there room to fabricate another more convenient connector in it or put a cable gland/cord grip in ?

Yeah, basically pin spacing. If you look at any JST type or Molex connector they may be teeny but they are still usually rate for hundreds of V isolation. Any significant current is of course a different story. If you put a dielectric between pins instead of air, voltage rating goes up significantly aka most connectors when mated.

Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 8:21pm
In ideal conditions, no problem, but that changes fast when just one pin of those modular connectors go a bit sideways from an uncareful plugin.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 11:57pm
For sure, wouldn't be my connector of choice really. What's wrong with a good old mini DIN for such power rails.
vámonos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vámonos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2020 at 12:03am
it is a stupid type of connector, I guess while this thread is going, has anyone got a rane crossover their looking to sell ? will also consider bss etc cheers 
vámonos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vámonos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 11:32am
So I got the unit today and am somewhat excited, It turns out the knobs need replacing, and I was hoping someone can recommend a place to source these. Thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>