Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what is you're favourite design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is you're favourite design
    Posted: 13 July 2020 at 10:26am
what do you scoop heads think is the best design and why.obviously the hog has become a popular choice.but im talking the traditional design

when i was using scoops i had rog's super scoops.which i was happy with,i had them loaded with v1000's but before that used fane xb which i think i preferred 

Edited by abrupt - 13 July 2020 at 10:33am
its all about infrabass
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 10:36am
That's a big can of worms you're opening up there nate
the midtops!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 11:05am
Move to Scoop Section before war breaks out?    LOL Shocked LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by abrupt abrupt wrote:

what do you scoop heads think is the best design and why.obviously the hog has become a popular choice.but im talking the traditional design

Expect one answer, from people who actually use Scoops, and play Reggae through them.

Expect another answer, from those who operate rigs, from the comfort of their chair, in front of the Computer monitor at home.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 9:12am
ev t18 aparently, according to a post yesterday on good old fb. 
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 1:02pm
EV T18 is not scoop tho..

taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Tonskulus Tonskulus wrote:

Y do U say that? The similarities in both designs are obvious.
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by taurusty taurusty wrote:

T18 is bass reflex design or hybrid horn just like CUBO series (horn shaped port, that's all).  Now they were asking for favourite traditional SCOOP designs here, so even HOG scoop is out of question and T18 has nothing to do with scoops.

Edited by Tonskulus - 17 July 2020 at 1:40pm
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 2:56pm
Wait, a Cubo is not a scoop?!
abrupt View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 9:30am

Originally posted by taurusty taurusty wrote:

T18 is bass reflex design or hybrid horn just like CUBO series (horn shaped port, that's all).  Now they were asking for favourite traditional SCOOP designs here, so even HOG scoop is out of question and T18 has nothing to do with scoops.

yes traditional scoop.but would like to bring the hog into question as a comparison.i see so many people building hogs,but would love to see a pile of 8 of the best traditional scoops up against 8 hogs
its all about infrabass
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2020 at 9:03pm
the best scoop to me is a scoop with extra depth/hornpath - a lower tuning than most usual scoops offer.. what i dislike about the usual scoops is, the often intended, peak at 50-60hz..

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

the best scoop to me is a scoop with extra depth/hornpath - a lower tuning than most usual scoops offer.. what i dislike about the usual scoops is, the often intended, peak at 50-60hz..

Scoop tuning can be changed by many things, one of them is driver choice, and driver T/S Parms.

Correctly constructed Scoop system, with skilled engineer, top class pre-amp, and suitable sub amps, will fill venues with uber amounts of sub from 35hz to 90hz, no problem.

Skilled engineer will flatten unwanted peaks, just as PA dude would with FLH.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>