FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 Measurements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 3:38pm
Interesting stuff, thanks for posting the data. I don't suppose you measured THD % at the same time? You can certainly see the useful bandwidth broadening as the mouth area comes up. Rapid fall off at 80Hz due to horn length as any fule kno, hence great partner to X1 etc when aligned well.
JulianDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulianDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Hi Julian, great post! Thank you for sharing this. This is highly useful! It is lacking a bit of circumstantial information though, which would add greatly to its value. Amping, power levels......

Could you also please add information about the processing? I assume you have had a high pass filter in place? If so, please add cutoff frequency and filter order to your previous post. This is crucial. 

Hey Bob,
since I wanted to provide accurate frequency response plots, there is no processing involved. No EQ, no HPF or LPF, just the fullrange signal to one ampchannel of a T.Amp TSA 4-1300. I did not alter the gainstructure when connecting more Speakers in a parallel configuration (so its a load of 8, 4 and 2 Ohms)
I would assume the cabs got something in the range of 10W but i just made sure its loud enough for a good measurement. Like i said, the mic is not calibrated for absolute levels, so the 130dB have no meaning. I can just provide the relative difference in soundpressure when using 1, 2 and 4 cabs and the change in the frequency response :)

But if it helps: We used the Yamaha Steinberg UR12 audio interface connected to a DCX2496 (without any processing enabled) which itself was connected to the TSA 4-1300 with just one channel used. There where no changes made when connecting more cabs :)

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 5:30am
Hi Julian, great post! Thank you for sharing this. This is highly useful! It is lacking a bit of circumstantial information though, which would add greatly to its value. Amping, power levels......

Could you also please add information about the processing? I assume you have had a high pass filter in place? If so, please add cutoff frequency and filter order to your previous post. This is crucial. 
JulianDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulianDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 1:27am
Greetings!

Since I could'nt find any measurements of HD15 when my friend and I thought about building our first ones and since there are people asking for those over and over again, I decided to take some measurements before we sell our HD15 and post them on here.

We did measurements of 1, 2 and 4 HD15 loaded with Oberton 15B450 drivers in a parallel configuration. They were done in a field with just some bushes to the side (2 Pi) on the ground with approx. 3,5m distance from the stack. The Mic was the Beyerdynamic MM1 which is not calibrated for actual soundpressure, so just ignore the absolute dB-levels.

This is the result and some pics of the setup/measurement-conditions:

I hope these measurements can help some people to decide wether or not to build their own HD15 :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234