Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

POwer distro vs Power Conditioning..?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: POwer distro vs Power Conditioning..?
    Posted: 20 November 2020 at 1:25pm
Hey Guys

Been a while since I posted a silly question, so I figured I would. The details :-

Just upgraded to aroudn 20k, so wil be runing 2x e100 to handle mid bass and sub , an e 4-75 to handle mid tops ( 4 cabs) 

We have 4 double 18's ,  5 separate subs ( one I will ignore) - we will have 2* Cubo Kicks 450rms , 2*15 HD  mid. 

4* 350-500 w mid top speakers.

I also have 3 qsc amps ( about 4KW @ 4ohm ) 

We'd like to get a generator for that , and I am thinking I need :-

4* 16 amp in ( do these need cleaning/ conditioning ? 
Then all the usual 15a sockets ( lets say 15 to allow LED lights, mixer ,decks, cd decks etc .. ) 

what is your recommendations ? Any recommendations on the genny is also super helpful 

. We are looking to do some stages at festivals, legal stuff.. all responsible, and probably not all bought until this shhhh is over :D 

thanks as always. 

AKA the typo king...bear with me, my hands are big and the keyboard small....
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2020 at 1:58pm

Power distro recommend  415v 63/3 with 100ma rcd on inlet and 30ma rcbo's on all outlets std seems to be 3 x 240v 32a & 12 x 240v 16A + socapex out is always handy  Beware there is a lot of non compliant rubber box stuff on ebay et al.. 

Genset these guys always have a few

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 12:18am
Here's a thing...

power conditioners (stab-lines) capable of running up a 20k system cost a mint and weigh about 200KG..

Hence no tours run stabline on FOH stacks,

the "furman" type joke stuff is just utter crap and not worth a penny.

As Ford said above, a 3/6s distro would be a plan and you can safely run single phase 63, 3 phase 32 or 3/63 with relevant cabling.

Above all don't skimp on copper, run 5g16 upto about 30m and 5G25 or even 35 for longer runs.

A pa system needs over 0,7KA (700A) PSC to have a chance of working properly, sloppy mains, fed off too skinny or too long cables will blow up your amps and definitely kill you sound.

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
 Post Reply Post Reply