FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starting help DSP EQ on B&C DE-750

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting help DSP EQ on B&C DE-750
    Posted: 14 September 2021 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by serioussound serioussound wrote:

What would you choose. Sometimes I want to play outside with 2 cabs per side but most of time 1 cab a side is fine.
If you ever do 2 cabs a side then the 60x40s will integrate better.

Also my feeling is I need alot of sub to keep upp with 2 of this tops a side..
Yes I have the same problem, but it's not a bad thing to have to throttle them back a little.

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 12:33pm

I already have the cabs and both horns fits in the cabs…

Im kind of a newbie with measuring frequency response and so on.

But the cabs to my ears sounds nice with conanskis settings but my issue now is what horns to use probaly its a compromise either way I go for 90 or 60 horns?
crossing at 1kHz the 15s are going to have started beaming a bit and have a narrowed dispersion. so I would go with the 60deg horn on the basis you will be able to get a more constant directivity through the crossover region, which is also the vocal range in this case.

Edited by snowflake - 14 September 2021 at 12:33pm
serioussound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 11:16am
I already have the cabs and both horns fits in the cabs…

Im kind of a newbie with measuring frequency response and so on.

But the cabs to my ears sounds nice with conanskis settings but my issue now is what horns to use probaly its a compromise either way I go for 90 or 60 horns?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 10:48am
Are you designing a new box for these drivers? You could design it with a swappable HF baffle, and change the horns (and DSP preset) as needed.

It would be twice the work to develop processing for consistent coverage with both types of horn, of course. There’s always a price to pay for flexibility.

As has already been mentioned, you’re going to need to measure the drivers on the horns and in the box, on and off axis to determine the best crossover and EQ filters, slopes and such. If you’re wanting the boxes to use a passive crossover, then you can design this using VituixCAD simulations, and see the results on the on and off axis response.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

I need to ask what horns are you using for the cabs you have?
It's a 60x40 waveguide of some type, it's not a CD horn. This hasn't been a big problem for me, most of the events I do with this system focus on the dance floor so one box a side works fine. 

I have both JBL 2380 90x60 and JBL 2385 60x40 laying around.

What would you choose. Sometimes I want to play outside with 2 cabs per side but most of time 1 cab a side is fine. 

Also my feeling ia I need alot of sub to keep upp with 2 of this tops a side..

Edited by serioussound - 14 September 2021 at 9:47am
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 2:08am

It's a 60x40 waveguide of some type, it's not a CD horn. This hasn't been a big problem for me, most of the events I do with this system focus on the dance floor so one box a side works fine. 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 11:09pm
Just bear in mind that > 90% of people listen off axis, so making a beautiful flat response on axis is solving problems for a tiny portion of the intended audience.

If you’re serious about doing it right, look up how to make quasi-anechoic measurements (audiosciencereview forums have a great guide) and use Vituixcad or similar to simulate baffle step and crossover elements.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Yes, everything matters with processing, the horn the drivers are mounted on and the other drivers it is paired with as well as the listeners preferences. I like the results I got with this setup and everybody that hears it says it's smooth and crisp, and that is what matters. 
These drivers have a reputation for smooth output so the best thing to do it power them up and have a listen, you should get somewhat decent sound with nothing more than the high shelf boost and level matching with the 15s. Of course the only way to really dial it in is with a measurement system, it is instructive to just set some EQ and see what it does to the response, you will learn a lot about your gear and what you like to hear by just messing around with it for a few hours. 

I dont know what to do I want to have a flexible system and I have 4 cabs with B&C DE750 + Dual 18sound 15NMB420.

My problem is sometimes I want to use 1 cab a side for smaller events and sometimes 2 cabs a side for larger events. Problem is if I should go with 60x40 or 90x60 horns?

2 cabs a side 60x40 is best and when using 1 cab a side 90x60 is best. What would you do?

I have lots of B&C DE 750 laying around one option is to have seperate HF sections with 60 respectively 90 horns and change them out depending on situation but does look strange I think…

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 5:19pm
Sorry to bring this up again. What horns did you use in this setup?

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2020 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by supercell1 supercell1 wrote:

I made a room as my private living room.
I would like to know If you want to continue using speakers or speakers
Which speakers should be used so loudly throughout the room but not very loud?
Can only be heard in the room, beautiful sounds.
My room is 20 meters wide.
Approximately 20 meters long, thank you.

Start your own thread.... your question is a bit hard to understand too

Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2020 at 5:11am
Yes, everything matters with processing, the horn the drivers are mounted on and the other drivers it is paired with as well as the listeners preferences. I like the results I got with this setup and everybody that hears it says it's smooth and crisp, and that is what matters. 
These drivers have a reputation for smooth output so the best thing to do it power them up and have a listen, you should get somewhat decent sound with nothing more than the high shelf boost and level matching with the 15s. Of course the only way to really dial it in is with a measurement system, it is instructive to just set some EQ and see what it does to the response, you will learn a lot about your gear and what you like to hear by just messing around with it for a few hours. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 9:11pm
Your eq setting are very different from Yorkvilles on the B&C comps.

Is it usually like this that you can have really different ways of eqing the comp to sound good?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>