Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starting help DSP EQ on B&C DE-750

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 10:48am
Are you designing a new box for these drivers? You could design it with a swappable HF baffle, and change the horns (and DSP preset) as needed.

It would be twice the work to develop processing for consistent coverage with both types of horn, of course. There’s always a price to pay for flexibility.

As has already been mentioned, you’re going to need to measure the drivers on the horns and in the box, on and off axis to determine the best crossover and EQ filters, slopes and such. If you’re wanting the boxes to use a passive crossover, then you can design this using VituixCAD simulations, and see the results on the on and off axis response.
serioussound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 11:16am
I already have the cabs and both horns fits in the cabs…

Im kind of a newbie with measuring frequency response and so on.

But the cabs to my ears sounds nice with conanskis settings but my issue now is what horns to use probaly its a compromise either way I go for 90 or 60 horns?
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by serioussound serioussound wrote:

I already have the cabs and both horns fits in the cabs…

Im kind of a newbie with measuring frequency response and so on.

But the cabs to my ears sounds nice with conanskis settings but my issue now is what horns to use probaly its a compromise either way I go for 90 or 60 horns?
crossing at 1kHz the 15s are going to have started beaming a bit and have a narrowed dispersion. so I would go with the 60deg horn on the basis you will be able to get a more constant directivity through the crossover region, which is also the vocal range in this case.

Edited by snowflake - 14 September 2021 at 12:33pm
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 1:22pm

What would you choose. Sometimes I want to play outside with 2 cabs per side but most of time 1 cab a side is fine.
If you ever do 2 cabs a side then the 60x40s will integrate better.

Also my feeling is I need alot of sub to keep upp with 2 of this tops a side..
Yes I have the same problem, but it's not a bad thing to have to throttle them back a little.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12