Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starting help DSP EQ on B&C DE-750

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting help DSP EQ on B&C DE-750
    Posted: 21 December 2020 at 6:53pm
I have built some dual 15" + 2" cabs around RCF L15P540 and B&C DE-750 on JBL 2380 horns.

As I understand B&C DE-750 was a pretty common driver some years ago.

I found some DSP/EQ settings for Yorkville TX4 cabs which use 1 B&C 15" with 4" coil and a B&C DE-750.
In the presets for this cabs there is 4,5 db difference in gain between HF and LF. 

Also there is a narrow EQ -2,5db on the 15" on 290 hz. On the 2" there is a -10 db at 3400hz with a Q of 2 and a -6 db at 1100hz with a Q of 2.71. On this preset there is a gap in crossover at 770 for the 15" and 1100 on the 2" driver.

My questions are:
1. What are you guys experience with the B&C DE-750 driver what EQ settings are a good start I want to keep it as simple as possible? And is the gap in crossover between 15" and 2" a good solution?

2. Are the above setting form Yorkville TX4 normal setting for a B&C DE-750 driver?

3. In my cabs are dual 15" instead of single 15" how will this probably effect the gain setting between HF and LF in my cabs?

Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 8:24pm
You really need to get your speakers in front of a test system so you can see what the systems raw response looks like and also learn what the response you find pleasing looks like. The horn the driver is mounted on will have an effect on the corrective processing necessary, and limiter settings will be specific to the processor and amps you are using.

That said here is what I have dialed in for my double15+2 speakers using Eminence KappaPro15s , B&C DE750s and a DCX2496.

The mids( wired in parallel)
Gain: 0dB(no boost or cut)
Crossover: LR24 at 80hz and 1khz
EQ: -4.6dB Q3.5 @116hz, -6.1dB Q3.5 @228hz
Delay: 0.14ms
Polarity: Normal

The CD
Gain: -6dB
Crossover: LR24 1khz
EQ: +6dB High shelf at 8.5khz, -3dB Q5 @3.18khz
Delay: Off
Polarity: Inverted

This processing does not bring the topend of the CDs response up flat it still has a gentle rolloff, but I find ruler flat response at high frequencies to be overly bright.

Edited by Conanski - 21 December 2020 at 9:04pm
serioussound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 8:52pm
Thanks are the drivers you hav B&C DE-750?
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 9:04pm
Yes...I had a typo in my post/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 9:11pm
Your eq setting are very different from Yorkvilles on the B&C comps.

Is it usually like this that you can have really different ways of eqing the comp to sound good?
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2020 at 5:11am
Yes, everything matters with processing, the horn the drivers are mounted on and the other drivers it is paired with as well as the listeners preferences. I like the results I got with this setup and everybody that hears it says it's smooth and crisp, and that is what matters. 
These drivers have a reputation for smooth output so the best thing to do it power them up and have a listen, you should get somewhat decent sound with nothing more than the high shelf boost and level matching with the 15s. Of course the only way to really dial it in is with a measurement system, it is instructive to just set some EQ and see what it does to the response, you will learn a lot about your gear and what you like to hear by just messing around with it for a few hours. 
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2020 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by supercell1 supercell1 wrote:

I made a room as my private living room.
I would like to know If you want to continue using speakers or speakers
Which speakers should be used so loudly throughout the room but not very loud?
Can only be heard in the room, beautiful sounds.
My room is 20 meters wide.
Approximately 20 meters long, thank you.

Start your own thread.... your question is a bit hard to understand too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 5:19pm
Sorry to bring this up again. What horns did you use in this setup?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Yes, everything matters with processing, the horn the drivers are mounted on and the other drivers it is paired with as well as the listeners preferences. I like the results I got with this setup and everybody that hears it says it's smooth and crisp, and that is what matters. 
These drivers have a reputation for smooth output so the best thing to do it power them up and have a listen, you should get somewhat decent sound with nothing more than the high shelf boost and level matching with the 15s. Of course the only way to really dial it in is with a measurement system, it is instructive to just set some EQ and see what it does to the response, you will learn a lot about your gear and what you like to hear by just messing around with it for a few hours. 

I need to ask what horns are you using for the cabs you have?

I dont know what to do I want to have a flexible system and I have 4 cabs with B&C DE750 + Dual 18sound 15NMB420.

My problem is sometimes I want to use 1 cab a side for smaller events and sometimes 2 cabs a side for larger events. Problem is if I should go with 60x40 or 90x60 horns?

2 cabs a side 60x40 is best and when using 1 cab a side 90x60 is best. What would you do?

I have lots of B&C DE 750 laying around one option is to have seperate HF sections with 60 respectively 90 horns and change them out depending on situation but does look strange I think…
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 11:09pm
Just bear in mind that > 90% of people listen off axis, so making a beautiful flat response on axis is solving problems for a tiny portion of the intended audience.

If you’re serious about doing it right, look up how to make quasi-anechoic measurements (audiosciencereview forums have a great guide) and use Vituixcad or similar to simulate baffle step and crossover elements.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 2:08am
Originally posted by serioussound serioussound wrote:

It's a 60x40 waveguide of some type, it's not a CD horn. This hasn't been a big problem for me, most of the events I do with this system focus on the dance floor so one box a side works fine. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by serioussound serioussound wrote:

It's a 60x40 waveguide of some type, it's not a CD horn. This hasn't been a big problem for me, most of the events I do with this system focus on the dance floor so one box a side works fine. 

I have both JBL 2380 90x60 and JBL 2385 60x40 laying around.

What would you choose. Sometimes I want to play outside with 2 cabs per side but most of time 1 cab a side is fine. 

Also my feeling ia I need alot of sub to keep upp with 2 of this tops a side..

Edited by serioussound - 14 September 2021 at 9:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>