FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark K30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admark K30
    Posted: 21 March 2023 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Bigbassguy Bigbassguy wrote:

40hz HFP??. I use my K35 at 40hz all the time and the only thing that 
Will shut down are cheap low wattage speakers!

Do you know of any major differences in performance, betweek K30 and K35 !?

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 12:44pm
Sorry Norseman, I didn’t see your reply. Feel free to PM anytime.

The BMS 18’s are in reflex cabs with long/large ports
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
onnoezeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onnoezeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 12:34pm
Anyone have an idea of the performace @ 2 ohm of the K30?
I'm looking to power 4 subs loaded with 700W AES @ 8ohm (RCF L15S800) per channel.

Edited by onnoezeler - 21 March 2023 at 2:50pm
Norseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2023 at 9:02am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

My highest power subs are push pull twin 15”. Drivers are 1200w 4Ohm wired in series. 
18 sound 15NLW9401’s to be precise. 4” coils 1200W AES.
Two of these coils in series has more thermal capacity than any 18” driver i am aware off.
Limiters on these boxes is 80v RMS ( 4 second attack 8 second release), or 800W at 8Ohms and 170V peak ( 2ms attack 32ms release), or just over 3600w.

The amp ( either X8 or T902 channel) delivers both these voltages at that load without clipping, I've measured it.

At these limiter settings the drivers will reach 95% excursion limits and around 80% thermal capacity with the respective limiters just starting to reduce gain.

Underneath these twin 15’s i have low tuned single 18’s loaded with BMS 18N 862’s in a ratio of two of the single 18’s to one of the twin 15’s.
The BMS 18 is a 1500w AES driver with massive X max of +-19mm ( and that is without the fudge factor most manufacturers apply). This driver likes power, and in my boxes plays flat to around 28Hz with an HPF of 25Hz.
These boxes limiters are set at 65V and 165V, same times as above. Again with these settings the drivers are giving all they can within safe limits.

If i needed X4L channels to achieve these limits then that is what would be in my racks, but as X8 or T902 channels offer adequate voltage without hitting the buffers i use them.

As i said previously if i was hanging 4 subs of each channel or on really long cables then it may be different but im not. But for people to state that you cant drive a 1600w 18” of one channel of an X8 is simply incorrect. Bring one round and I’ll destroy it for you in a few minutes.

what cabinet is housing the BMS 18s?  also may i PM you regarding x8?
Bigbassguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbassguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2023 at 1:05am
40hz HFP??. I use my K35 at 40hz all the time and the only thing that 
Will shut down are cheap low wattage speakers!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2023 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

I never touched X8/X4L but the X4 was vastly undersized when we tested. It has just very narrow peak capability on not really demanding-type of load.
Weak power supply, weak amplifier.. once the caps started to discharge then whole amp collapsed, I would say with "proper powerful driver" and dense material you can pull down all the channels by loading only one.
Those 'T' devices are even worst, it does not even have a KiloWatt grade power supply :-D
But see the good side: Of course it will not burn your speakers(!) and few DB dynamics less...

We have both X4 and X4L at our German HQ.
X4 is not enough for our 18NLW9601 loaded subs. Not even close. 
It does work and it is ok, but once you bridge it or put the X4L, the difference is qiute big. 
If you use the Powersoft spread sheet to calculate the limiters you will see that is advice bridge mode for such load.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2023 at 2:14am
@Viktor

I would advise you to send some H8 amps (or at least XE10000, as they do exist) to members like toasty to test and verify them in real life applications instead of a dummy load on a bench. Even throw in a lake LM44 to get any processing..

Yes Powersoft is not cheap, but until now they do the job. They have the whole package including extensive DSP, Software, connectivity and do power boxes with real music coming out of them. Looking at the competition, not one has the whole package.
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2023 at 10:21pm
I never touched X8/X4L but the X4 was vastly undersized when we tested. It has just very narrow peak capability on not really demanding-type of load.
Weak power supply, weak amplifier.. once the caps started to discharge then whole amp collapsed, I would say with "proper powerful driver" and dense material you can pull down all the channels by loading only one.
Those 'T' devices are even worst, it does not even have a KiloWatt grade power supply :-D
But see the good side: Of course it will not burn your speakers(!) and few DB dynamics less...
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2023 at 6:41pm
My highest power subs are push pull twin 15”. Drivers are 1200w 4Ohm wired in series. 
18 sound 15NLW9401’s to be precise. 4” coils 1200W AES.
Two of these coils in series has more thermal capacity than any 18” driver i am aware off.
Limiters on these boxes is 80v RMS ( 4 second attack 8 second release), or 800W at 8Ohms and 170V peak ( 2ms attack 32ms release), or just over 3600w.

The amp ( either X8 or T902 channel) delivers both these voltages at that load without clipping, I've measured it.

At these limiter settings the drivers will reach 95% excursion limits and around 80% thermal capacity with the respective limiters just starting to reduce gain.

Underneath these twin 15’s i have low tuned single 18’s loaded with BMS 18N 862’s in a ratio of two of the single 18’s to one of the twin 15’s.
The BMS 18 is a 1500w AES driver with massive X max of +-19mm ( and that is without the fudge factor most manufacturers apply). This driver likes power, and in my boxes plays flat to around 28Hz with an HPF of 25Hz.
These boxes limiters are set at 65V and 165V, same times as above. Again with these settings the drivers are giving all they can within safe limits.

If i needed X4L channels to achieve these limits then that is what would be in my racks, but as X8 or T902 channels offer adequate voltage without hitting the buffers i use them.

As i said previously if i was hanging 4 subs of each channel or on really long cables then it may be different but im not. But for people to state that you cant drive a 1600w 18” of one channel of an X8 is simply incorrect. Bring one round and I’ll destroy it for you in a few minutes.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2023 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

It’s more than enough for any of mine thank-you, more than enough.
My largest subs RMS limit at 80V, peak at 170. Standard X4/8 channel does that with ease.

1600W @ 8 ohm, would drive 800W driver per channel nicely, but definitely not enough for 1600W driver.

Recently at Reggae Dub event, one crew were using 4x channels of x8 to drive 4x 1500w sub drivers, 1x per channel.

Other crew used 2x Bridged CA18s, to power 2x 8 ohm 1000W drivers per amp.

Feedback from those present, Crew with bridged CA18s, in terms of sub, stomped all over the crew with x8 powered subs.

Draw from that, what you will.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2023 at 3:46pm
@vibes92

Which Admark was used, and could you explain the difference between the two?
I have a pair of the AD430 and am just curious.

vibes92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibes92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2023 at 11:11am
see iv hurd a few sounds using x8 and admark and they both sound good, i did prefer the x8 though in my opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>