Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark K30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 4:03pm
Im not opposed to using any amplifier regardless of where it is built. Something that fits my needs and price point. There is a huge mantra surrounding Chinese made goods. But they are just like us. Common folks trying to make a living off of something they love to do. I can read the passion Daniel has when communicating with him. He's extremely polite and very detail orientated. If that Admark amp was produced outside of China, im sure there wouldnt be nearly the concern or hesitation that there is. Not all goods produced in China are bad. Just need to weed through alot more junk then normal.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 4:29pm
I'm looking to try used Admark K35 or AD42.

If anyone has unit in UK for sale, let me know.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

You should just buy it direct from Alibaba. Anyone who is selling it locally is going to charge you more to make their money back with profit. 

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

You should just buy it direct from Alibaba. Anyone who is selling it locally is going to charge you more to make their money back with profit. 

Best Regards,

I wouldn't buy it new, as I don't see it as an investment.

Also, I am really hearing conflicting stories on the Admark amps.

Many have bought new, and are testing with 2x21s per side, and happy so far..

1x Mate says he has heard of many stories world wide, of amps going down instantly, if  HPF < 40hz is used..

Worth trying used unit to test, in my  books.

Have been offered used K35 already for £550 GBP.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:34pm
I'd rather get one with full warranty than save a few quid. especially if you are going to rinse it <40Hz to see what it is capable of. that said I haven't needed to try to make a warranty claim from a chinese company yet - has anyone done so without problems?
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Best Regards,

I wouldn't buy it new, as I don't see it as an investment.

Also, I am really hearing conflicting stories on the Admark amps.

Many have bought new, and are testing with 2x21s per side, and happy so far..

1x Mate says he has heard of many stories world wide, of amps going down instantly, if  HPF < 40hz is used..

Worth trying used unit to test, in my  books.

Have been offered used K35 already for £550 GBP.

One thing I've never done is go by what others heard when it comes to amplifiers. Better off asking the owners as they can tell you what is really taking place. The price offered is around $40.00 (US) less than buying a brand new amplifier.  

I don't know... Maybe I am more willing to take risks than others. For that price, the seller should allow you to try it for one day to see if it is worth £550.  

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

I'd rather get one with full warranty than save a few quid. especially if you are going to rinse it <40Hz to see what it is capable of. that said I haven't needed to try to make a warranty claim from a chinese company yet - has anyone done so without problems?

Been told by person who used to import these units, and sell them on, warranty is next to useless.

E.g. Amp blows, then:

• You need to send internal pics/video of board,
  • They send you replacement board,
  • You pay for board to be fitted

Maybe normal for Chinese imported amps, not exactly what I expect from a warranty.

These things are much cheaper than Powersoft, so I don't expect same level of after care.

I'm only using 1x driver per channel, but if amp cannot handle 35hz hpf, with that load, is no good to me.

Edited by levyte357- - 20 July 2022 at 12:55pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 3:01pm

Been told by person who used to import these units, and sell them on, warranty is next to useless.

E.g. Amp blows, then:

• You need to send internal pics/video of board,
  • They send you replacement board,
  • You pay for board to be fitted

Maybe normal for Chinese imported amps, not exactly what I expect from a warranty.

These things are much cheaper than Powersoft, so I don't expect same level of after care.

I'm only using 1x driver per channel, but if amp cannot handle 35hz hpf, with that load, is no good to me.

I gather the boards can be bought for ~£250. If they send one out free based on photographic evidence then fine. the construction of the amps are such that the boards can easily be replaced with nothing more than a screwdriver. Makes more sense than shipping entire amp to china and back again. Even if the company paid for this it would be reflected in much higher purchase price.

It would be reassuring if they had a UK distributor to do warranty repairs though. I have seen a few people trying to import them to various Western countries but as rebadged products at very high mark-ups.

Edited by snowflake - 20 July 2022 at 3:05pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 3:56pm

It would be reassuring if they had a UK distributor to do warranty repairs though. I have seen a few people trying to import them to various Western countries but as rebadged products at very high mark-ups.

In UK as well..

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 4:02pm
The American guy Wasi is selling what look to be admark amps. He describes them as "assembled in the usa". I haven't studied it but it looks like he might be changing a few components in them before he sells them.
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 12:52am
Just got a BNOB AD 430 Admark.
Will advise anon...
splodge360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splodge360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 5:47pm
Just got a morin k420, came with an intresting sticker on the lid
LineArrayHire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>