Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark K30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admark K30
    Posted: 04 January 2021 at 6:30pm

Anyone using this amplifier? I am thinking of picking one up in Mid March to use for low midrange (Yes, low midrange) within the  500 Hz - 50 Hz range. It appears to have a lot of praise on Youtube over the CVR 3002. Based on Admark's advertised voltage rails, the amplifier should offer a minimum of 2140 watts per channel RMS (continuous average power) @ 4 ohms (Eliminating all burst rating Marketing propaganda aside). I would rather a QSC PL 6.0 Series II. But, they are becoming very rare to find and, I can buy two K 30's for the price of one QSC PL 380.

For those who have not heard of the Admark K 30, click on the linj below...

https://www.admarksound.com/power-amplifier/class-d-power-amplifier/k30-class-d-rack-power-amplifier-2-channel.html

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2021 at 6:41pm
They look interesting.
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by dlyxover dlyxover wrote:

They look interesting.

A gentleman gave a thorough listening review on the this amplifier..

Honestly, I may pick up the CVR in the near future for a tweeter amplifier. LOL 

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 04 January 2021 at 7:01pm
Elliot Thompson
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

LOL.. Or a WMD level rodent extermination device. Nuke

I'm liking the 4ch models, would make for a nice lightweight solution to power a whole stack. 
One of the things mentioned in the videos was the life expectancy of these mega power amplifiers, he seems to think 3 years was all one could expect to get based on the amount of waste heat generated. I get that but in general anything class D operates a lot cooler than a class AB linear amp ever did so is this really a concern, or is it because electronic component quality is such an unknown these days. 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

LOL.. Or a WMD level rodent extermination device. Nuke

I'm liking the 4ch models, would make for a nice lightweight solution to power a whole stack. 
One of the things mentioned in the videos was the life expectancy of these mega power amplifiers, he seems to think 3 years was all one could expect to get based on the amount of waste heat generated. I get that but in general anything class D operates a lot cooler than a class AB linear amp ever did so is this really a concern, or is it because electronic component quality is such an unknown these days. 

I drive four Faital Pro 3FE25 on a Peavey PV 2600. So I tend feed my speakers a minimum of 4 times their rated power. LOL

At the moment I am feeding my Tweeters (JBL 2404) a QSC which, delivers 1200 watts per channel @ 4 ohms RMS. So the additional 3 dB of headroom (RMS) moving  from the QSC towards CVR would be plus as far as I am concerned. I may just borrow one in advance to hear if the CVR offers the same fidelity as the QSC on high frequencies.

I would imagine the life expectancy mentioned by the gentlemen in regards to the amplifier, is due to how ragged he sees the amplifier will be used in the foreseeable future. The few Class D Amplifiers I own are approaching the 6 year mark and, are not showing any signs malfunctioning. However, the days of me operating at 2 ohms per channel have left me like the 1990's. So even my old Class A/B amplifiers are operating Luke-warm throughout the events.  

Nevertheless, the K 30 should work well with my QSCs for low-mid applications. Unless something catastrophic (manufacture defect) occurs with this model between now and time of purchase, I should be buying the K 30 in Mid-March.  

Best Regards,     

Elliot Thompson
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 12:47pm
Chinese companies have never been good in Class-D amplifier making, show me one reliable, proper construction and good sounding which at least nears its specifications in power.
Even most famous European (or USA) models are not very good in every aspects..
It looks a single half bridge (lossy & noisy) Class-D probably with massive heat dissipation due large switching losses.
I see a single LC filtered output because of one inductor only per channel configuration which leaving large part of the carrier superimposed onto the output signal :-(
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 1:54pm
I watched that video and whoever thinks he can conclude anything by watching it is full of sh*t.
Out of those amps i would definitely get the Elements Audio one. Not just because we are also using that amp but because after sale support is excellent. Unfortunately for you Elliot, no 110V variant.
Unlike the rest of them where you get the amp and good luck servicing it when you need it.

Edited by MarjanM - 06 January 2021 at 1:55pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 3:52pm

I hear what many are saying which, is why, time will tell.

Bear in mind, unlike many users, my amplifiers (in this day in age) rarely see anything above -10 dB below clip. This is due to using multiple amounts of amplifiers being fed the same signal. So none of my amplifiers are ever stressed.  I ran through that stage of running my amplifiers ragged in the 1990's and always wanted to move away from such a operation scheme as the repairs were too much for my taste.  

The unfortunate side of such a setup leads to a greater amount of power management (running 100-A feeds to stay below the NEC 5% code). The bulk of my amplifiers are Crowns. No amplifier will pull current on demand in the States like the old Iron-Core Crown Amplifiers. The only reason their Class I draws less, is due to having the ability go into "Sleep Mode" automatically while idling from my user experience.

But, all in all, I really don't care how much current is needed on demand for I feel the pros outweighs the cons.

Attaining 240 volts (It would be more to wards 250 volts for I live in a Metropolitan area) is not an issue. I would not even consider looking at any amplifier that markets their output ratings that falls within the ten of thousands of watts to operate properly on a 120-volt line source with limited current capacity.

The Elements Audio gets a good amount of praise. However, for it to be used as one out of 5 amplifiers for low mids in a chain, on a very easy load of 4 ohms per channel in which, the amplifier may not even see -10 dB before clip, I cannot justify myself on making such an investment and, having the amplifier imported to the States. It would cost me cheaper to buy a used QSC PL 380 on eBay. I can get the K30 for the half the price of a used QSC PL 380 on eBay.

The amplifier just needs to have the ability to deliver 2000 - 2500 watts per channel @ 4 ohms. I am more than certain the K30 with 185-volt rails should not have an issue of delivering that.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 1:43am

I drive four Faital Pro 3FE25 on a Peavey PV 2600. So I tend feed my speakers a minimum of 4 times their rated power. LOL

Well no you are not, at -10dB the drivers are seeing 45w each which is right about at their max rating.

At the moment I am feeding my Tweeters (JBL 2404) a QSC which, delivers 1200 watts per channel @ 4 ohms RMS. So the additional 3 dB of headroom (RMS) moving  from the QSC towards CVR would be plus as far as I am concerned.
Again 10dB down is 120w. 

Headroom is good I agree there, amplifiers sound and perform much better when they are running comfortably within their linear range, but once you already have a good amount(like 10db) of unused headroom I don't see more making any difference. However.. with high frequencies in particular I think the amplifier in use can have an effect, subtle differences can be heard in a back to back comparison but it's not related to headroom it's related to the topology and design of the amp and it's frequency response. Yes they are all supposed to be flat but they are not, class D amps suffer the most here with the low pass filter used to eliminate switching noise while conventional designs could have a response extending out to 100khz which means the audible part is ruler flat. 

U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 8:38am
My friends here in Hungary cooked out some new compact power supply circuit that would offer same power and efficiency on 230V or 115V however I have not seen it yet, in a product. Probably due the current market situation.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 11:14am

What you mentioned in regards to the gradual high frequency roll-off with Class D amplifiers based on the load is something I forgot about. I recall in 2014 measuring the Peavey IPR2 7500 frequency bandwidth in which, the high frequencies began rolling off with no load far below its maximum output rating.

That eliminates the CVR for high frequencies. At least I know based on my measurements and ears, QSC amplifiers do not suffer from high frequency degradation. At least the non-class D amplifiers I own.

I've had issues with mixers in which, its origins are 230 volts and, offer a switch-mode power supply that can automatically step-down to 115 volts. It would be foolhardy on my behalf to expect trouble free performance following the same principal on an amplifier.   

Nevertheless, if no bad incidents are being tossed about on the Internet in regards to the K 30, I should have one in my possession by mid-March.  

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 11:33am
Most of pre-filter feedback Class-D have the unpredictable mid and high characteristics. Unfortunately many of them have "flat frequency response" on RESISTORS but become very ugly on SPEAKERS. Those IPR Peavey has the same.
Even JBL active boxes use such cheap pre-filter circuit bulit around IRSxx self-oscillating drivers, Behringers (now LAB gruppen..) use the same. It may work with a dedicated set of speakers, after a ~year of tuning of parameters :-D but I can not even say how bad it is on universal type of applications, where various different spekaers driving.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>