Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark K30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2022 at 9:05pm
Well, if that's  the case, I don't trust it, Snowflake!
Am I the only one uncomfortable with the number of new models Admark puts out, compared to CVR/Morin? Their K 30, K35 and AD 42 models are essentially the same w a 10USD difference,  but power claims are hugely different.

Edited by taurusty - 29 June 2022 at 9:09pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2022 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by taurusty taurusty wrote:

Am I the only one uncomfortable with the number of new models Admark puts out, compared to CVR/Morin? Their K 30, K35 and AD 42 models are essentially the same w a 10USD difference,  but power claims are hugely different.

I think Admark OEM the amps for CVR and Morin.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 11:13am

Admark has become very popular in which, they are capitalizing on it. The differential in terms of output of the K30 versus AD42 is a mere 1.85 dB gain @ 4 ohms per channel. Those that must have the most powerful amplifier Admark offers will buy it.

The 4-channel version of the K30 would consume around 60 A (240-V) to 120 A (120-V) all channels driven at 4 ohms per channel (continuous average power). I doubt it would be possible to achieve the output it claims offering the same footprint (chassis, power cord, etc.) in a 1 rack space unit. The current demand alone would be the biggest challenge for the majority. It would make sense to just buy two units and distribute the power amongst two circuits than trying to achieve that type of power on one circuit.

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 01 July 2022 at 11:17am
Elliot Thompson
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 10:46pm
who makes them?
Admark or Morin?
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 11:32pm
I always heard they were Morin amps rebadged.
However the many iterations Admark has would lend credence to Snow Flake's statement...
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 8:34am
new 430  , is only available from admark.

Edited by lickweed - 02 July 2022 at 8:44am
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 11:27am
I will be picking up a K420 within the Autumn season to power four double tens for mids. It will definitely be the Morin and not Admark. As I mentioned in the previous K30 On The Bench review, I cannot justify paying twice the shipping rate in which, I would be subjected to buying the Admark over the Morin.

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 04 July 2022 at 11:42am
Elliot Thompson
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 2:24pm

I always heard they were Morin amps rebadged.
However the many iterations Admark has would lend credence to Snow Flake's statement...

I don't know for sure. It's also possible that one company has licensed the design to the other and there is more than one factory producing amplifiers of same design. the cvr and morin amps I have don't look like they have come off the same production line - differences in a few components but also lots of small differences in assembly - glues, chassis screws etc.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2022 at 1:12am
Morin builds in house as with Admark. You would be surprised what people will say when they have something to sell. No company can claim their designs are originals as the amplifier is China's modified version of Powersoft. 

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
splodge360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splodge360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2022 at 11:54am
Cvr and sinbosen use a large output boards with the capacitors local for each chanel, and a small powersupply board, whereas the morin/ admark uses a smaller output boards, and a massive powersupply board to drive  both chanels. Don't know which will better for long term reliability yet!
LineArrayHire

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2022 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Morin builds in house as with Admark. You would be surprised what people will say when they have something to sell. No company can claim their designs are originals as the amplifier is China's modified version of Powersoft. 

Best Regards,

When you say modified, does this mean "modified for cheaper production, using cheaper parts" ?

As I have seen Powersoft K20 draw 34A @ 240V, driving 2x 8 ohm drivers per channel.

This suggests to me an extremely well built and designed amplifier, and anything built to cheaper price, would obviously  not be built to same standard.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2022 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by splodge360 splodge360 wrote:

Cvr and sinbosen use a large output boards with the capacitors local for each chanel, and a small powersupply board, whereas the morin/ admark uses a smaller output boards, and a massive powersupply board to drive  both chanels. Don't know which will better for long term reliability yet!

I had missed that the sinbosen d series are the same design as well (they also do a k series which is different internally). all four companies produce amps that are identical in layout. most obvious difference is the size of the capacitors on the output boards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>