Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark K30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 1:49am
Originally posted by splodge360 splodge360 wrote:

Just got a morin k420, came with an intresting sticker on the lid

Are you planning to connect it to an oscilloscope?

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
T Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 8:18pm
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't buy it new, as I don't see it as an investment.

Also, I am really hearing conflicting stories on the Admark amps.

Many have bought new, and are testing with 2x21s per side, and happy so far..

1x Mate says he has heard of many stories world wide, of amps going down instantly, if  HPF < 40hz is used..

Worth trying used unit to test, in my  books.

Have been offered used K35 already for £550 GBP.
[/QUOTE]

Someone has been feeding you ridiculous information. I could see this happening with one of the 4 channels if driven into clipping under 40hz, but definitely not from the 2 channels. The 4 channel amps are not designed for subwoofer duty. The lack of filtering capacitance is what dictates this.
I have ran my ad42 below 40hz at full tilt already without a single issue. Many of times.

EDIT: And just for reference, My HPF is set to 24.5hz with 18db BW

Edited by T Willy - 09 August 2022 at 2:17pm
splodge360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splodge360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Best Regards, 
My guess is, as they share the same mono/ Bridge switch No3, that the input to amp chanel on b (and d) is balance phase reversed internally on the input side, and the hot output going to the 1- pin, and the natural return going to the 1+ pin of speakon b/d. All works  OK, but could be confusing if using a test meter on the speakon out. Admark wired up the same?
LineArrayHire

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 10:43pm

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Best Regards, 
My guess is, as they share the same mono/ Bridge switch No3, that the input to amp chanel on b (and d) is balance phase reversed internally on the input side, and the hot output going to the 1- pin, and the natural return going to the 1+ pin of speakon b/d. All works  OK, but could be confusing if using a test meter on the speakon out. Admark wired up the same?

I would imagine the sticker is a safety precaution. Oscilloscopes are known for damaging themselves or the equipment being measured when they are wired incorrectly. 

I own the Morin not Admark. My K30 offers the same sticker as well. Multi-meters will either show a negative sign when wired incorrectly or some chaotic figure that won't stabilize. You won't be able to damage the amplifier using a Multi-meter to measure the amplifier's output voltage. 

Best Regards,   
Elliot Thompson
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2022 at 8:32am
Originally posted by T Willy T Willy wrote:

Someone has been feeding you ridiculous information. I could see this happening with one of the 4 channels if driven into clipping under 40hz, but definitely not from the 2 channels. The 4 channel amps are not designed for subwoofer duty. The lack of filtering capacitance is what dictates this.
I have ran my ad42 below 40hz at full tilt already without a single issue. Many of times.

EDIT: And just for reference, My LPF is set to 24.5hz with 18db BW

This is one time, where -ve feedback from someone, about China amp, has not dampened my interest.

I know of many, many, people impressed by the power for the price.

As I said in previous post, I would buy used 2x channel, at right price, as for my intended application, that would be well worth risk.

So, anyone here with preference/greater experience, with either Admark or Morin 2x channel on sub !?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2022 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by taurusty taurusty wrote:

Just got a BNOB AD 430 Admark.
Will advise anon...

So how is the Admark AD 430 coming along? I see there are other brands offering the same amplifier on Alibaba. I was planning to buy the K 420 to power some tens. However, the price I am seeing for the 430 that does not carry the Admark logo, I might just buy the 430 instead to have even more headroom at my disposal.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2022 at 3:40pm
Morning Elliott. 
I had received both a 430 and an AD 42. Latter is getting v popular here. Definitely more power in both. As pertains to the 430, I use it for Lo Mid in a 4 way top. Def more headroom than the CVR D2004 I used previously and the lower parts are more distinct.
Will report further anon...

taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2022 at 3:44pm
Oh, Glad to report that 4r usage is taking on in this country finally. Xtacy has 6 AD 42 in 3 columns,  and both Wizzard ( CVR D 3002) and Interceptor ( AD 42) had 6 amps on 3 columns in the recent 12 and festival in MoBay last week.
Interceptor had the best bass there IMO and some even say they won overall

Edited by taurusty - 13 August 2022 at 3:45pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2022 at 5:14pm

Morning Elliott. 
I had received both a 430 and an AD 42. Latter is getting v popular here. Definitely more power in both. As pertains to the 430, I use it for Lo Mid in a 4 way top. Def more headroom than the CVR D2004 I used previously and the lower parts are more distinct.
Will report further anon...

Good to hear! I will get the 430 as I want to use it for mids powering 8 tens. I am seeing a lot of AD42's popping up all over in parts of Jamaica and the States. It appears the AD42 will become the standard on the underground scene.

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 13 August 2022 at 5:18pm
Elliot Thompson
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 2:05am

Oh, Glad to report that 4r usage is taking on in this country finally. Xtacy has 6 AD 42 in 3 columns,  and both Wizzard ( CVR D 3002) and Interceptor ( AD 42) had 6 amps on 3 columns in the recent 12 and festival in MoBay last week.
Interceptor had the best bass there IMO and some even say they won overall

It is good to hear many are understanding the benefits of using 4 ohms per channel. All the excuses using 2 ohms  per channel are pretty much non-existent in this day and age. Technology has moved too far ahead for the user to focus on 2 ohms per channel anymore

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2022 at 10:48am
So, any feedback from UK based owners, of Admark K30 !?

Didn't hear anything about people using them at NHC 2022, which is little strange.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2022 at 5:46pm
What's the price point of these amps?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>