Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark K30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 10:00am
i had a quote last week from factory direct for the ad42 inc shipping and import as £840 all in 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:00pm
I'm considering 2nd most "powerful option", for 1x 4 ohm driver per side.

Bur then, even 2x for £1800, is far cheaper than used Powersoft K20.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:03pm
Think K30, 35 and AD 42 need to be tested by that group member. Personally don't  think AD 42 is much more powerful than other two given the price difference  between them.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Perhaps factor in retained value and re-sale value when looking at equipment costs.
You can buy a used K20 today that has basically done it’s depreciation, use it for a year or two and sell it for more or less what you paid.
What is the retained value in equipment that is not serviced by the manufacturer, has no major market demand and is effectively a door stop when it goes pop?

“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Perhaps factor in retained value and re-sale value when looking at equipment costs.
You can buy a used K20 today that has basically done it’s depreciation, use it for a year or two and sell it for more or less what you paid.
What is the retained value in equipment that is not serviced by the manufacturer, has no major market demand and is effectively a door stop when it goes pop?

Every China special amp I see go up for sale used in the UK seems to sell for more than what they actually cost direct from supplier LOL I think people are just trying to avoid oversea shipping I am not sure, it’s a strange arrangement for sure haha! If they are to go bang though you are completely right then
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

these amps are all modular with a power supply board and two output boards. think it's about £150 for a new board and is very easy to fit.
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 2:50pm
got a quote on AD430 of 865USD, 160USD shipping.  K410 585USD (presume shipping is the same).  Big datasheet numbers! the most interesting test to me would be long term maximum output with all 4 channels loaded (something 1u amps struggle with due to heat).

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by kipman725 kipman725 wrote:

got a quote on AD430 of 865USD, 160USD shipping.  K410 585USD (presume shipping is the same).  Big datasheet numbers! the most interesting test to me would be long term maximum output with all 4 channels loaded (something 1u amps struggle with due to heat).

As long as you remember, 4x channel lightweights, are not designed for sub on all channels.

Not even the illustrious X8.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 3:05pm
eh I bet it would be fine with a 'real' 4 ohm load (which is reactive and has loads of peaks spending very little of the range down at Re) and 'musical' content (IE not just a sine wave).  4ch amps are great for sub arrays.

splodge360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splodge360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 3:10pm
Be intresting to measure/ listen to two chan 4k amps, and  also the 4 chan 4k amps, output cards are the same, but powersupply board much bigger, so guessing the two chan would put out more sustained bass energy  then the 4  version can
I use mine bi amped so bass top split across the 4, never all 4 handling just one duty, and only into 4 ohms, so nothing gets hot
LineArrayHire

kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 3:35pm
actually I would revise my opinion a bit if its as weak as the X4, I think that needed something like 14dB crest factor to be capable of full output in the long term in the production partner review.  Plenty of non sub things load the channels with in our systems though.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 3:40pm
Thats all good.
Will boards still be available in a few years time? My experience with Chinese manufacture is they are always after the next big thing and ling term supply is difficult 
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>