Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12V 360deg unity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12V 360deg unity
    Posted: 06 January 2021 at 2:32pm
Got all the bits in the post today

Edited by snowflake - 06 January 2021 at 3:28pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 2:33pm
just wish I had bought some wood before lockdown Ermm
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 1:20pm
Oh yeah I like this idea a lot. Forum member greeef and I tilted at a multi-entrant 360 degree horn a couple of years back. It was made from a fruit bowl from Ikea mounted upside down, with an 18" plywood circle on top - the CD fired up thru a hole in the bowl and reflected off the plywood, which was mounted on spacers and had the mid drivers mounted on it firing downward - we were trying to achieve an "umbrella" or round-pyramid shaped dispersion, so it could gently rain soundwaves down upon the crowd's ears, from on top of a pole.
We only had a Fane CD150 and some Faital FE3's to play with though...and no 12v DSP board...so it didn't work all that well. Yours is sure to be much better!

Edited by studio45 - 07 January 2021 at 1:23pm
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 4:17pm
yes that's the sort of thing I am planning. hadn't thought of using a big bowl. I was planning to use some thin ply to make some cone shaped pieces that I can laminate together to make a rigid bottom piece. If it goes down to 250Hz can cross to a hornloaded 2*15 which the pole can be mounted on top of.

unfortunately amp arrived going straight into protect mode so have returned it. Might try and get one of the same model or try one of the other four or five I have been considering.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 9:06pm

Superb idea, love it!! 

It has already been done a short while ago...... EmbarrassedBig smile

Edited by bob4 - 08 January 2021 at 9:07pm
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

unfortunately amp arrived going straight into protect mode so have returned it. Might try and get one of the same model or try one of the other four or five I have been considering.

Ah. Was going to ask hows this amplifier performing going :-)

I have the much earlier Bassface 4.1 - which works well, but was looking at this one.

Don't have any input/comment on unity horns I'm afraid.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
 Post Reply Post Reply