Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BISHOP SOUND / Discuss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BISHOP SOUND / Discuss
    Posted: 16 January 2021 at 5:56pm
Hi,
Came across "Bishop sound" after seeing someone on here had built a reflex using one of their drivers..
I did a forum search and found only 3 posts with them mentioned, and 2 of three were far from positive.
However, i am fairly impressed by the claims they make on their Website regarding some of their drivers... So my question is, how many of you are or have used them?? And do they perform as well as they claim? 

Tia.
Add "Harmonize soundz" on facebook....
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 6:33pm
Don't believe a word you read, one of the drivers looks ok until you realise it has three sets of ts parameters and all three are totally different, I looked at one of the 18s and the spider was depressed, the spider and front suspension were not in the correct place so when the front was glued down the spider was dished down by about four millimetres making it useless, the pole piece vent grill had the smallest mesh I have ever seen, up to you but definitely not for me.      
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 7:21pm
The thing that grinds with me, is not the cheapness or quality of the items but the constant "It's a British product" nonsense when it's clearly a Chinese/far east item.
Be seeing you.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

The thing that grinds with me, is not the cheapness or quality of the items but the constant "It's a British product" nonsense when it's clearly a Chinese/far east item.

+1

Especially when there’s a few really good British manufactures making a quality product. But would not be able to compete price wise to the uneducated consumer.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Brother T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 10:39pm
Hi Guys
I have used the 15"drivers in HD15s with pretty decent results.Not the most efficient driver but tonally very good.
peace and love
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 6:37am
His scoop is supposed 65kg including the 21.5kg driver meaning the box is only 43.5kg unloaded.

https://bishopsound.com/products/scoop-bin-speaker-18-3-000-watt-18mm-birch-ply-subwoofer-bwp18-loaded-made-in-england

For reference the scoops we built are 116kg inc driver (98kg without). Specs like that make me not trust what I am reading.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 8:59am
Or if they are correct, can you imagine the build quality???
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 10:28am
He is so down with the kids! Suggested uses:
  • Mobile DJ's Who Are "In Da House"! 
blah blah blah blah blah......
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 11:40am
http://bishopsound.com/products/15-speaker-800w-rms-full-range-driver-8-ohm-bwp15fr

"Customers compare this with the PD1550."

Well i guess they both measure 15 inches across? LOL

Be seeing you.
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 12:00pm
It comes down to whether the specs and manufacturing consistency is there as on paper they are similar.
Danielr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by jimbo.. jimbo.. wrote:

Hi,
Came across "Bishop sound" after seeing someone on here had built a reflex using one of their drivers..
I did a forum search and found only 3 posts with them mentioned, and 2 of three were far from positive.
However, i am fairly impressed by the claims they make on their Website regarding some of their drivers... So my question is, how many of you are or have used them?? And do they perform as well as they claim? 

Tia.
Not tried them, but it's worth saying that Bishop Sound couldn't even get their own equipment to last more than a day when they ran a small stage at Glastonbury. - They had to go and borrow some gear from another supplier... then they sent out press releases that made it sound a bit like they were supplying equipment to the main stages... (I mean their claims may be prone to exaggeration.) 

Of course, your mileage may vary. - Some people seems to say that they are good.

I guess it depends on your intention. - personally I don't have the money to buy things with a reputation for failure... I don't have space in my vehicle to bring spare drivers in case equipment fails. and I imagine anyone that does have the space to carry spare systems is fishing at a different end of the pond to what Bishop Sound is selling.

If I was building, or refitting a suicide rig (something I have no interest in) I may look to Bishop sound. but equally may look to something from AVSL at a lower price.

when I could spend less and get this:

Of course, as I said, your mileage may vary, - you might find it is the best speaker you ever bought, and I'm sure that treated with the right amount of care they would probably last well. 
Danielr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Or if they are correct, can you imagine the build quality???
that's a hell of a lot of voids in that plywood!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>