Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hire Management Software

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hire Management Software
    Posted: 18 January 2021 at 2:49pm
The company I work for is looking to move away from the Rentaldesk software, what are the other options on the market and what is considered the industry standard?

Ideal features would be barcoding capabilities, cloud based and custom documents but not essential.

Any input is much appreciated. 
Pick & Mix Soundsystem
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2021 at 3:10pm
Current RMS 
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2021 at 3:59pm
We use Current RMS too, it does all the above.

Its testing / inspection module is ok but needs refining still, and the stock checking module is flawed but it is still 'in beta' so will hopefully get fixed soon

There are also issues regarding things like consecutive hires that don't return to base, or tight turnarounds but generally I recommend it. 
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2021 at 4:02pm
Insphire is another option, I haven't used it for some time though so couldn't  comment on what it's like these days
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2021 at 10:20am
Nice one guys, I’ve setup a Demo of Current as it looks like it’ll do the job.
Pick & Mix Soundsystem
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2021 at 4:52pm
I’d recommend booking one of their one to one little courses. Well worth it.

www.stage2sound.com
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2021 at 9:58am
We’ve used Current RMS since before day one, as alpha testers. They’re great but if I was starting over I’d just go straight to Rentman.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2021 at 12:05pm
How is Rentman better for you?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

How is Rentman better for you?

Rentman has features that Current has been considering for years. It has an app already and does crew allocation. They're similar, but different. Cost is the same.

I'd suggest you get a demo configuration of both, with your own data ready to import and your own crew to try it out. Run some mock jobs, allocate kit, crew, scan in and out, do a repair/maintenance, and send out some invoices.

Software is a personal thing.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2021 at 2:37pm
You can do crew allocations with Current, it is a bit clunky though.
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2021 at 3:57pm
Thanks for everyone’s suggestions, we setup a demo with current and had a go off the trial and we’re impressed, looks like this is the one we’ll be moving forward with.

Onto the next question, does anyone have any recommendations for label printers and wireless barcode scanners? 

Pick & Mix Soundsystem
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by dnbpc dnbpc wrote:

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions, we setup a demo with current and had a go off the trial and we’re impressed, looks like this is the one we’ll be moving forward with.

Onto the next question, does anyone have any recommendations for label printers and wireless barcode scanners? 

Printer I am still in Trial, demo and recommendation collection mode. I am currently buying ready printed labels from "The Label People"

Wireless scanner I have got the WASP WWS650 units and they are fantastic, very plug and play. Great range and very good battery life.

For the computer bench I have the WASP WPS200 again, Great unit.

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>