Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glastonbury 2021 Cancelled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 9:48am
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 9:58am
Thanks. I am just getting ready for a meeting with the Prime Minister here. This can also be presented there.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 10:37am
This might also come in handy: 

about the project to try and organise coronaproof events in a monitored setting
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 11:40am
Originally posted by JBK JBK wrote:

Originally posted by djkeet djkeet wrote:

Im a bit surprised by them trying to organise anything its a global pandemic your going into next year if you ask me

I don't know for all festivals and events in all countries, but a french festival organizer (pretty big festival, around 20000 punters per day) told me that as long as there was not a formal interdiction for their event, they have to keep everything going to get insured in case of cancellation.
I.e, if they cancel before the restriction announcment, they won't get anything from the insurance companies, so they have to do as if everything will go on as planned although everyone knows that's not going to happen... same shit than last summer.
At the time they began to plan the 2021 edition, noone could predict for sure if event would or would not be authorized in summer 2021. It would have been a tough call to cancel the event without knowing for sure that it couldn't happen, the decision was right after the cancellations of last summer ...

sounds like they have a long-term business insurance policy in place from before the crisis. I get the impression a lot of festival were getting annual insurance on their event cancellation rather than on their business being interrupted. Insurance companies have simply refused to offer policies covering events this year.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

sounds like they have a long-term business insurance policy in place from before the crisis. I get the impression a lot of festival were getting annual insurance on their event cancellation rather than on their business being interrupted. Insurance companies have simply refused to offer policies covering events this year.

Well maybe, I don't know.
Anyway to organize an event that has a big risk of getting cancelled without being sure to be fully covered in case of cancellation seems indeed "risky" to say the least.
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 4:44pm
Fair point @ insurance not to stray too far from topic its so hard to see how anything can happen with a crowd its a non starter on physical level but something could have been done pay per view/live streaming - Tokyo Olympics also is still up in the air coupled with restricted movements and many countries not up to speed looking unlikely or scaled back. When you check it 'Spanish Flu' lasted 2 years straight no Vac + less world Population now we have Vac but more people
Soundbite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12