Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifier ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amplifier ID
    Posted: 10 February 2021 at 7:05pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 7:26pm

The heatsink fins on the side of the case and meters look very BK electronics and they used to have an OEM service so they could have made it for someone else… send them an email (with a photo/ screengrab) and ask them if they made it…. sales@bkelec.com

monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 10:34pm
I definitely had a lyonforge amp that looked just like that in about 1997! It didn’t work so I ripped out the insides and jumped two Maplin 150w mosfets off the PSU! 

Edited by monkeypuzzle - 11 February 2021 at 11:17am
blah blah blah blah blah......
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 10:38pm
Infact, image search Lyon forge MOS400 and there it is...
blah blah blah blah blah......
billso View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 9:01am
Great thanks.

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 9:16am
Originally posted by monkeypuzzle monkeypuzzle wrote:

I definitely had a lyonforge amp that looked just like that in about 1997! It didn’t work .

This is normal for Lyon forge. Every one i have seen is either dead or dying. Very cheaply made inside,cheap components ,the PSU filter caps are usually allways leaking,or blown to bits.

Imagine the Amstrad of pro-audio,and it gives you an idea of the quality.

Be seeing you.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Originally posted by monkeypuzzle monkeypuzzle wrote:

I definitely had a lyonforge amp that looked just like that in about 1997! It didn’t work .

This is normal for Lyon forge. Every one i have seen is either dead or dying. Very cheaply made inside,cheap components ,the PSU filter caps are usually allways leaking,or blown to bits.

Imagine the Amstrad of pro-audio,and it gives you an idea of the quality.

TBH, I don't think that they were as good as that LOL

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2021 at 1:01pm
To be fair i used to buy quite a few of terralec’s lyonforge modules, the 140w, 200w and 500w units mostly. They were really cheap ( i recall around £39 for the 140w, and £65 for the 200w, this would have been early/mid 1990’s) and built them into my own consoles or rack cases. Never ever had a single issue with any of them. I think they were very good value for money. 
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
 Post Reply Post Reply