FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Used Powersoft K20 DSP - Real market value

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Used Powersoft K20 DSP - Real market value
    Posted: 01 May 2022 at 10:56am
Originally posted by AdriWL AdriWL wrote:

Mate, still these k20 available at that price? I'm searching for one...

Nope, recently seen used K20 dsps going for £2700.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
AdriWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdriWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2022 at 3:49pm
Mate, still these k20 available at that price? I'm searching for one...
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2022 at 7:58am
csg is spot on.
Powersoft have manufacturing issues on current amp models because of component crisis (from what I've been told ...) , they can not deliver to distributors instantly, there is a huge waiting time.
The K series is discontinued.
Prices of K series went down because people started moving to the new ones. Now that the new ones can't be sourced easily, people either wait or buy 2nd hand K series, that make the price rise again.
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2022 at 8:04pm
I feel I’ve just sold 2 of my k20dsps a little cheap going on here… @£2400 each.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2022 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

That said, if anyone wants any used X8’s I currently have a few available….

PM Asking price, please mate.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2022 at 11:45am
A lot of the problem at the moment is supply on new stock. At the moment we are waiting 4 months on delivery of most Powersoft touring product, installation product is usually quicker as they are prioritizing those lines for the currently very busy installation market.

So, long lead times are bolstering used prices as in many cases you simply can not buy new stock immediately or even in the near term and therefore people are choosing to sit on stock they would normally replace with new for risk of running out of stock on what is going to be a very busy year for live events 
K20 as far as i am aware is more or less out of active production now, it is very much a legacy product that does not integrate from a network/control/dsp/signal point of view with the rest of the product line. If they are making any new units it will just be from the remaining parts.

Its very much a sellers market.

That said, if anyone wants any used X8’s I currently have a few available….
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Exwook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exwook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2022 at 11:39am
Yea someone just quoted me 3.5 for one on Facebook!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2022 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Exwook Exwook wrote:

Any chance he will budge on that? Ahah wish I had bought amps during lockdown the prices have gone through the roof!

Don't think so, he doesn't need to.

Powersoft used K20 pricing, has been quite illogical, for approx 12x months now.

Edited by levyte357- - 02 March 2022 at 11:22am
Exwook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exwook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2022 at 10:56am
Any chance he will budge on that? Ahah wish I had bought amps during lockdown the prices have gone through the roof!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2022 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Exwook Exwook wrote:

Are you still able to source k20s? Trying to find one at the moment… Shocked

Mate in North London has K20 DSP, he is asking approx £2700.

After hearing X4L a few times, have decided if I ever buy a Powersoft, would be one of those.

Meanwhile I have been quietly acquiring QSC PL380s, intended for use with with 2x 4 ohm drivers per channel. Embarrassed

Exwook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exwook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2022 at 12:11am
Are you still able to source k20s? Trying to find one at the moment… Shocked
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2021 at 11:59am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

No such thing Ray, if you can do a deal for the price you are happy with then fair enough, but used market equipment values simply don’t exist, this isn’t tescos!....

ClapLOL

After a bit of a search, have found I can source used/new K20s, quite easily.

Anyone looking for one, for their living room or shed, let me know.

Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>