Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomann TSA 4-1300

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thomann TSA 4-1300
    Posted: 14 February 2021 at 8:39pm
Does anyone have pcb diagrams for the amplifier? I bought one in 2017 since then its failed twice with supply problems. Both times I've sent it back thomann have replaced it under warranty - great. This time it's out of warranty although the amp was replaced less than 18 months ago Thomann won't cover the repair and have advised me to use a local repair man. I've got the amplifier with my dad who is more than capable however we can not find pcb diagrams anywhere. Can any one help before it becomes a door stop. 
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2021 at 6:45pm
Can't remember if it was on here, DiyAudio, or another forum, but I'm pretty sure it was said the TSA's were based on something else. In fact, almost a blatant rip-off of said other amp. If I can find (remember!) where it's written I'll post the link... unless someone more knowledgeable than myself chips in.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2021 at 8:11pm
Nice one. I found something on a Polish site but I don't speak Polish to become a member to look at the diagrams. My dad has said the amps don't look like they've been designed to be serviced. He's identified the problematic area but without reverse engineering it, its gonna be difficult to pin point the exact problem. I've also emailed thomann, still waiting for a response. If you can find something it would be greatly appreciated. 
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2021 at 5:42pm
I expect Thomann were just replacing the boards wholesale without doing any actual component level fixing. Your best bet might be to try and get them to sell you a replacement board, although with import charges from Europe that is still gonna cost ya.
<deleted rant about how much I hate trying to fix SMPS's!>
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2021 at 7:01pm
Ive purchased complete replacement boards for these at reasonable cost, that might be an option. On the charges front ( brexit), Thomann are not charging VAT on export (uk) sales, so you will only be paying one lot of VAT on import, with a hopefully minimal clearance charge.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2021 at 9:01pm
if the order is under £135 then the transaction goes through without further unexpected charges because the exporter adds the VAT at their end. Over that and the VAT and duty is added by the courier and charged to you in a seperate invoice. It's all on the thomann FAQ page

Kevin

North Staffordshire

concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2021 at 7:53am
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

if the order is under £135 then the transaction goes through without further unexpected charges because the exporter adds the VAT at their end. Over that and the VAT and duty is added by the courier and charged to you in a seperate invoice. It's all on the thomann FAQ page

But it may not be as simple as that, I place an order with Thomann every couple of months, it is £174 + vat with free delivery, now Thomann have removed the vat I have heard a few FB stories of increased charging, so I phone them direct, they said with the courier sorting the vat, clearance fees and now charging for the delivery I could expect an invoice of about an extra £100, this is based on feed back from UK orders since Brexit.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2021 at 8:51am
OK but the HMRC website is stating the £135 threshold is in force and came in on 1/1/21.

This is of course for private customers as Thomann is classed as a distance-selling retailer and they have a UK VAT number.

If you have a trade account with Thomann ( a B2B transaction) then the rules are different.

hmrc import vat threshold
Kevin

North Staffordshire

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

But it may not be as simple as that, I place an order with Thomann every couple of months, it is £174 + vat with free delivery, now Thomann have removed the vat I have heard a few FB stories of increased charging, so I phone them direct, they said with the courier sorting the vat, clearance fees and now charging for the delivery I could expect an invoice of about an extra £100, this is based on feed back from UK orders since Brexit.

I think over the £135 threshold it requires a customs declaration so there are extra costs for processing this.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2021 at 10:20am
This is all sounding like a very good reason, not to touch them.

Are the Sanway 4x channels, any better, just on mids?

Edited by levyte357- - 18 February 2021 at 10:21am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2021 at 11:10am
I pulled 2 of these along with a TSA4-300 out of a nightclub back in June, they had been there 4 years, were absolutely filthy, never cleaned or serviced and they did and still do work perfectly. For the cost, i’d say thats a win.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2021 at 8:43am
Okay so I've had a reply from Thomann. After telling me to take the amplifier to a 'local repair guy' they told me no schematics were available for the amplifier. Thomann boast an extensive repair department? 

My Dad reverse engineered the Pcb and has now found the faulty components. The amplifier has been fixed, no help to Thomann. 

Everytime the amplifier has gone back a new one has been sent out, not repaired. I won't be using them again. Thomann would rather I spent another £450 on an amp. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>