Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomann TSA 4-1300

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2021 at 7:49am
Yes - like the proposal that the manufacturers of white goods be made responsible for recycling their products when they fail.

What is also needed is some sort of control over programmed obsolescence as well. One of my printers stopped working a while ago, because it was programmed to do so, not because of any fault. Absolutely ridiculous.  Ouch Dead Disapprove

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2021 at 7:52am
Dont suppose your dad could enlighten us on what he found and what he replaced? Any pics? 

Makes this a useful resource for people having the same problem as you.
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2022 at 6:36pm
Did anything re: component fix information ever get explained?

I agree with Jon, that would be a really useful resource given the discontinued nature of the 4-1300
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2022 at 9:33am
Unfortunately it's now no more than a door stop. My Dad spent a lot of time trying to fix the amp, but without any detailed information from Thomanns 'service' department or schematics detailing components it became un viable. 
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2022 at 10:15am
That’s a shame :/

In fairness to Thomann, it’s an amplifier that they rebadged so I doubt they would have access to the schematics themselves even if they wanted them. I can’t recall which Far East vendor they came from but someone (I think on here) identified them once, possibly the same outfit that build the PL3000 for them.

Thomann *might* have had access to board-level spares but I would imagine their “repair” scheme consisted of sending back shipments of failed amplifiers for rework then using the reconditioned amplifiers or new units as warranty replacements. That seems to be a fairly common practice for Far East OEM’d equipment. (At least it’s better than recycling them into the landfill…) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123