Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v bike rig - Advice needed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Jack1991 Jack1991 wrote:

Not sure if your planning on powering the DSP off the same battery as the amplifier? 

But i have just been told on another forum that doing that can cause voltage drop outs. Causing the DSP to lose power momentarily. 

Hmm .... well I can see how that might well be a problem with a lead-acid battery in less-than-optimal condition and/or near the end of its discharge cycle - and ragging the amplifier hard.

I try (where possible/viable) to power ancillary bits of kit from their own batteries. We'd need to know the current consumption of the DSP .... I can see it would use a few watts - maybe somehting like 0.5A or so at a guess - so to play all day you might want 12V 5Ah or so.

My 7-band car EQ (yeah, I know ... doesn'treally seem to degrade the signal though) uses about 200mA. I've always used a separate battery for that .... but its easy when (like me)  you've built up a stash of various batteries over the years.

BTW - it also neatly side-steps posible ground-loop issues.

Edited by slaz - 07 April 2021 at 5:29pm
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 5:48pm
Cool cheers Slaz, ground loop issues is another thing i have not heard of before. Ill have a look into that. I have just got a t.racks 12v dsp so have just been reading up trying to make sure im powering it correctly off a battery. Hoping the info helps CFLsound too 

Edited by Jack1991 - 07 April 2021 at 5:51pm
bfbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:05pm
Moin.
I habe your project.
1 mbh118 / 1/2 EVMTL1 with Rcf L18S801
Carpower wanted 2x600 bridges. For 1kw @4ohm
The Sub has 8ohm so only 500w go into the Sub.
A swtiching Inverter for 230v pure sin1kw
Any aktive top for the rest.
Two agm with 95ah 
And you will have more than 6 hours Fun.
I use this in two bikes paired with a guitar bug.
Stereo for chritical mass...
Runs in north oft germany. 
The weight is ca 120kg for the PA.

https://werkstatt-lastenrad.de/index.php?title=Datei:20180525_210347.jpg

I have build the Bike by my selve because there is no Seller of Cargobikes for this Load Volumen by weight.
Bud You have a Trailer thats easyer to handle.

Edited by bfbs - 07 May 2021 at 10:34pm
bfbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:29pm
Ground Loop....
It is a crazy think.
On my Bike i have one audiosignal on 12V for the Sub Amp, one audiosignal for a littel mixing desk on 230v with a real transformer (galvanically isolated) ant a Opera 402D in an unknown Status.
I mußt Isolate the Amp for the Sup to get no 50hz Noize.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123