Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refurbished technics in london

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refurbished technics in london
    Posted: 10 April 2021 at 6:56pm
My cousin who lives in london is asking me where he might get a nice refurbished technics turntable from someone reputable.

Anyone here, or can suggest anyone?

Thanks.
chunkydj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunkydj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2021 at 1:46pm
Hey bro! 

I work at West End DJ - and unfortunately you'll struggle to find someone inside the A406 with a pair refurbed and ready to go. 

For my decks and those for my friends, Jason (the guy behind Just Technics on FB) is great and does all my personal/business TTs! He will either have some for sale OR know of a pair OR be able to bring a crappy pair up to scratch!! 

Tell him Marcus sent you! 

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 10:04am
thanks man. i've passed that on.
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 10:22pm
i've got a few i'm currently doing 

in birmingham tho
error 404
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 11:31pm
pm me details if you'd have a decent clean fully working one with no wobbly bearings or wonky pitch etc you'd send to london.. and i'll pass it along.

thanks.
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 4:03pm
+1 on Jason, although I've found he's fairly expensive.

Then again, Technics have hit crazy prices on resale these days, its absolutely mad....

Saw a pair of Technic 1200's (albeit in mint condition) for sale for £2000 the other day!

Got my 1210 mrk2's a decade ago for 300 euros.... its a crazy world we live in LOL

PS be careful of people you don't know, there's a guy on Facebook selling a pair of mrk2's for £650 and been several reports from people of him ripping them off, forcing them to make deposits to 'hold' them and then blocking them, refusing to meet in person for them to be picked up ect....
www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:55am
I'm down to just a single pair of 1210s now, covid and the market has meant I've sold 4 pairs of mk2 and 4s for around £1200 a pair. It seems all the old vinyl DJs have been coming out of the woodwork and rekindling their flames.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:19am
Tis the same with old Disco twin-deck consoles, what you could easily pick-up for 50 quid a few years ago are all £500+ now for a good one. 
Be seeing you.
xsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:53pm

Search “Decknics” on FB or Insta. 
Based in Chertsey, Surrey. 

Edited by xsav - 13 May 2021 at 3:58pm
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 4:46pm
A story about Technics and more to beautiful not to tell...

Few weeks ago i got a call from a guy i regularly tip when something about local history pops up. in return he looks for flightcases and such. never had something coming up besides the bedroom-dj lightorgans from the 80's and such. he said to drop everything and come over. an elder lady was about to move house and in her sheds there were loads of professional things. 

couldn't belive it but arranged a meeting the next day. when i stepped in the first room i froze.. turn out her son was a former club/radiostation owner. counted 15 sl1200/1210's alone. few 100's cassettedecks, cd-changers, early broadcast automation, transmitters (1kw in the fm-band anyone?) lighting, flyers of raves from the nineties inbetween and so on.. when people say they found a treasure, this what i imagine it would look like. 

he knew prices but is also a really nice guy so i got the option to buy a few SL1210mk2-carcasses which should be able to wield 2 working ones for a really fair price. so now finally, after years of regret of not owning them i finally own two sl1210's with nightclub-pedigree. they look like a couple of old boxers, with dents and scratches everywhere but i'm happy as a kid! 

Edited by Bams - 13 May 2021 at 4:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply