Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

K30 Amplifier On The Bench

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

So Elliot, can you share you tonal experience of the amp now?
I am really interested in how it sound. You have the 5000vz so that should be a nice amp to compare the sound with.
TY.

Since dollar did not seem interested in the tonal characteristics, I never made the comparison. The K30 has been operating very well solely for low-midrange applications from the date of purchase.

I will compare the K30 to the Crown 5000vz in addition to, the Crown CTS (Which is the Non-DSP/Non-PFC version of the I-Tech) this week. You should see a review by Saturday. If you want a particular track to use as reference let me know.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2021 at 11:07am
Dude my last question was is it a copy? Have they ripped off some other amp or is it's architecture Somewhat original? Then we can get to how it might sound. The vz are great amps I sat listening to some last weekend deep and brutal. If it can do that hats off.  But post some internal pics please.  
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by doller doller wrote:

Dude my last question was is it a copy? Have they ripped off some other amp or is it's architecture Somewhat original? Then we can get to how it might sound. The vz are great amps I sat listening to some last weekend deep and brutal. If it can do that hats off.  But post some internal pics please.  

The K30 is supposed to be a copy of the Powersoft K20 in which, many are claiming the K30 performs just as good if not better than the Powersoft K20. However, since I do not own any Powersoft Amplifiers, I cannot say how well the K30 replicates the Powersoft K20 in terms of output performance.

As for popping the K30 open, I attempted to open the K30 months ago to post pictures. There appears to be something in the centre holding the lid from releasing, despite removing all the screws. As a person that does not know his own strength, I screwed lids up, and put the amplifier back in the rack. There are plenty of photos of the K30 amplifier with the lid removed to get an idea how much the K30 copied the Powersoft K20's footprint.

On a different note! There is a K35 available on the market right now in which, the manufacture claims the new version offers more power than the K30. Are you going to hear the difference? No. But, for those that must polish their egos, Admark is offering a K35 in which, you can buy at the date of writing this post. At a higher price point of course!

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2021 at 7:17am

Tonal Characteristics Comparison

Date: August 7th, 2021

Match Output Voltage Amongst The Amplifiers

Device: Xitron Technologies Power Analyser

Matched Output Voltage Differential: 0.002 V

Test Tone: Sinusoidal Wave

Frequency Used To Match The Amplifier's Output Voltage: 55 Hz

Amplifiers Used For Bass

K30

Crown Macro-tech 5000 vz (Vintage)

Crown CTS 3000 (Non PFC/DSP version of the I-Tech)

Loudspeakers Used: Two Double Eighteen Reflex Subs

Crossover Points: 90 Hz – Down (No High-Pass-Filter)

The Graphs

The graphs will give you a better understanding where the dominate bass frequencies lies based on the music material.

Orange Lines & The Blue Line

The Orange lines represents the -3 dB roll-off Crossover Points (12 dB per octave) of the Double Fifteen Reflex Cabinets in which, were used for Low Midrange.

The Blue line represents the starting point of the Double Eighteen Reflex Subs with no High Pass Filter.

Note 1: The Double Fifteen Reflex Cabinets are driven by QSC.

Note 2: The Tonal Characteristics arriving from the Double Eighteen Subs discussed will reflect a frequency response ranging from 17 Hz – 90 Hz.

Note 3: All means of user-selectable High Pass Filtering and Limiters are disengaged on the Amplifiers to conduct the bass tonal characteristics comparison. All bass amplifiers were driven no higher than -20 dB from clipping.

The Results

Country Music: Crown

That Heavy Punchy Bassline known in Country Music sounds more pleasing on the Crown.

Rhythm & Blues: Crown

The extended low frequency emphasis in which Crown offers cannot be replicated on the K 30.

Trance: K 30

High Tempo Music is where the K 30 shows its class. The punch is sharp and prominent. If your idea of bass sounds similar to hammering a nail in a wall.... K 30

Roots/Dancehall: Crown

Music that falls within the pre-2000 era in which, the user prefers the bass to “Roll” will find the Crown sounds more pleasing to the ears.

Dub: Crown & K30

If your main focus is the bass drum, the K 30 sounds more pleasing to the ear. If your main focus is the rhythm section of the bassline, you will find yourself leaning towards the Crown.

Soca: Crown & K30

As with Dub, it boils down to preference. Which is most important to you? As this music has emphasized more rhythm section in the bassline throughout the years, you may find yourself gravitating towards Crown or the K30 if you prefer the dominance of the bass drum.

Dancehall: Crown & K30

Music that falls within the 2000 era onwards can go either way pending on these two factors;

Heavy Rolling Bass Line: Crown

Aggressive Bass Drum followed by a Bass Line: K30

Rock: Crown & K30

Are you intrigued with the Bass Guitar (Crown) or the punch of a Bass Drum (K 30)?

Pop: Crown

Pop music offers a lot of extended bass in which, allows Crown show its class. Historically, Crown amplifiers are notorious for playing very low in which, the K30 lacks once it is compared to Crown.

Hip Hop: Crown

Slow Tempo, heavily influenced below the 40 Hz, Crown.

Comparing The K30's Tonal Characteristics To The QSC PL 6.0

Used solely for Low Midrange however, tested under the below conditions for those using QSC Amplifiers for Bass

Note 1: Bass Application using the above test tracks.

Note 2: Matched output using the Xitron Technologies Power Analyser

Note 3: Tonal Characteristics evaluated using Two Double Eighteen Reflex Subs

The Results

Country Music: K30

Rhythm & Blues: QSC

Trance Music: K30 & QSC

K30 More Heavier Punch

QSC More Tighter Punch

Roots: Very Close Call

QSC offers a slight edge over the K30. Only noticeable if you had both amplifiers to compare.

Pop: QSC

Dub: QSC & K30

The QSC offers a more analogue tone in the punch whereas, the K30 sounds digitally processed. If you prefer the sound of modern day digital Dub Recordings over those made decades ago, the K30 would be more suited for that requirement.

Dancehall: QSC

Rock: K30

Soca: K30 & QSC

K30: More Punchier Lack Low Frequency Extension

QSC: More Low Frequency Extension Lack Punch

Hip Hop: QSC

Best Regards,  

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 07 August 2021 at 7:22am
Elliot Thompson
Justus_Jonas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justus_Jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2021 at 9:48am
Hello Elliot,

can you explain the difference between 
Morin K30 and admark k30?

as you mentioned in the k30 thread
"Not a bit concerned about typographical errors for, Admark did not build the amplifier. Admark just branded their name on the amplifier. Once you are looking to buy quantity, there is an option to add your company name on the amplifier.

I am buying directly from the source in March."

is morin producing and admark just buying from morin?

thx

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Justus_Jonas Justus_Jonas wrote:

Hello Elliot,

can you explain the difference between 
Morin K30 and admark k30?

as you mentioned in the k30 thread
"Not a bit concerned about typographical errors for, Admark did not build the amplifier. Admark just branded their name on the amplifier. Once you are looking to buy quantity, there is an option to add your company name on the amplifier.

I am buying directly from the source in March."

is morin producing and admark just buying from morin?

thx

The Morin K30 and the Admark K30 are the same amplifier. Other than the outer aesthetics, both amplifiers will deliver the same performance. 

The latest version out right now is the Admark K35 which, will give you a higher voltage rail, higher electrolytic capacitance, in addition to, higher amperage driver chips. Are you going to hear a difference in terms of volume output between the K30 and K 35? No. But, if you must have the latest model on the market (and willing to pay the extra cost), get the K35.

If you live in the States, don't even waste your money if you cannot feed the K30/K35 a minimum of 208 Single Phase. Ideally, 240 volts would be best. Bear in mind, all the test I've conducted were based on 250 volts. If the voltage is less you can expect more amperage will be consumed than what I mentioned on the first page.  

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
Justus_Jonas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justus_Jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 12:14pm
Thx for the info

but do you think the morin and admark k30 are from the same manufacturer?
in Terms of Build quality etc..

i´m located in Germany, so there is 230-240V.

What do you think about the more newer model  ad42 (just newer than k35)?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Admark-AD42-amplifier_1600340686963.html

What do think about the Sound of k30 in Comparsion to a LAb Clone fp14000?

Thank you

Regards
JJ

Edited by Justus_Jonas - 08 November 2021 at 12:16pm
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 12:28pm
Well, the game has changed again:

Comparision of K35 and AD42

K35AD42
8Ohm 2*3500W                                                 8Ohm 2*4200W                                                 
4Ohm 2*6500W 4Ohm 2*7800W 
2Ohm 2*7500W2Ohm 2*8500W
±248V±280V
3pcs DOS1-240A Transformer3pcs DOS1-250A Transformer
6pcs 400V/150UF capacitance ,total 900uF6pcs 400V/150UF capacitance ,total 900uF
60A/650V(IXYS)80A/650V(IXYS)
double 3A driver chipsdouble 3A driver chips
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 12:30pm
Has been out about 1 month now. no price info & haven't seen one on this side yet...

D_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 10:18pm
Hi Elliot,

I have a few QSC RMX5050s and a few K10/20s, I absolutely loathe the Ks for speaker/midbass (great on bass) while I love the RMX. Could you suggest an amp that is bridged or stereo about 6000W into 8 ohms while maintaining the tone/warmth of the RMX5050?

Thank you for posting not just data but subjective impressions, much much appreciated.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 12:41am

Okay. If you are willing to look at things from my perspective, this is why I chose the Morin over the Admark.

1. Certifications. Morin offers multiple certifications in which, I could not find with Admark on Alibaba.

1. Manuals. Upon viewing the manuals, between the Morin K30 and the Admark K30, both are exactly the same. Internally, from a birds eye view, the Morin K30 and Admark K30 looks exactly the same.

1. Price-point. Morin offers a lower price point when buying singularly and quantity versus Admark.

2. Shipping. Shipping to the Untied States is twice the amount for Admark with a longer duration of delivery than Morin. So that tells me Admark is capitalising on shipping to gain a profit or, they do not export a lot of products to the United States.

I would imagine both companies build the amplifiers in-house. However, if both amplifiers are sharing the exact manual, is there really a big difference amongst both amplifiers? From a technical standpoint, I would say no. However, from a Sales and Marketing perspective would state otherwise adding aesthetics in the equation. Marketing is a hell of a thing. The gullible consumer will fall into the trap of the Marketing ploy. Which is why, Admark is more popular than Morin in the United States.

From a logical standpoint, how could both manufactures call their model a K30 without some means of copyright infringement coming into play? Lets not forget that both amplifiers stem from China, which is notorious of copying products. Dare I say, neither can claim their product is 100% original from ground up. 

At the end of the day, the consumer will buy what they feel most comfortable with. Some prefer to move with the crowd (Admark K 30) whereas, others rather move to beat of their own drum (Morin K 30). Your money. Your choice. You decide.

In regards to using QSC. QSC has their own signature sound when it comes to low mid/mid bass which I have not found any amplifier at the moment to replicate that sound. This type of tone offered by QSC has been around since the 1980's when QSC was the choice for Mid – Highs and Crown for Bass in the United States.

Personally, I use QSC PL 6.0 to power Electro-voice for low-mids and the Morin K 30 to power JBL for low-mids.

In terms of Lab Gruppen copies I have no user experience on those models. However, I am planning to purchase the Sinbosen FP 24000 in which, I will be using for a Home Theatre applications in 2022. AVSForum probably has the most Lab Gruppen copies users to my knowledge so, you may want to visit that forum in regards to Lab Gruppen copies.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
D_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2021 at 1:12am
Hi Elliot,

Thank you for the response, will the newer class D PLD series sound the same as the RMX? Is there really nothing else out there wit the "QSC Sound"?

Many Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>