Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cvr d-2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cvr d-2004
    Posted: 20 June 2021 at 2:00am
We used the new Cvr D-2004 dsp amplifier for the first time on our stack yesterday and we are very impressed for the price.

We loaded eight bass bins across two channels and from the power output the average seemed to be around 2.44r with very low frequencies.

Across the other two channels had eight mids.

The four compression drivers were powered from a Pkn Xe5002.

This is the first time moving to all Class D and we was worried about loosing the low end trouser flapping, but the Cvr proved us wrong and sounds very nice even producing low frequencies at 2ohm. We will in the future only use it at around 4ohm, we used the cvr at 2 ohm just to see what it was capable of. We did not open up the Cvr 100 percent as the church windows and structure was already shaking very badly during sound check. When the event took place we run the system at about 20 percent.

The event was called The whole earth chanting, where we tested the Cvr and the new built sound system.

The artist and quantum physicist Libby Heaney recorded various human and non-human 'chants', and then trained an AI programme to produce its own chants. Recordings of the original and AI-generated chants were then passed to her collaborator, fellow Somerset House resident and musician, Nabihah Iqbal, who has woven them into a 45 minute work for live performance through a soundsystem.

Resonant Sounds

Edited by hmaudio - 20 June 2021 at 6:37am
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 9:13pm
Ok - event explained then. Sounds very interesting. Not your typical rave in a squatted old church...   Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2021 at 3:40pm
In the States, CVR is the most dominate amplifier on the Underground scene with its roots stemming from China. The now Generation (Gen Z) are buying lots of them whereas, some of the older Generations are either replacing their old amplifiers or adding them within the chain in their sound systems. It's good to hear the DSP version is very stout.

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
tomelmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomelmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 8:36am
Does the DSP have external software and if so is it controllable over a network? 
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2021 at 3:35pm
Yes the Dsp version does have external software, the external control interface is Rs485 and comes with a usb converter. The dsp version has limiters, cross over slopes, delay and will tell you voltage and current supplied by each channel. The front panel can also be locked from the software which disables the controls on the front. The amplifier has built in gates for all channels to stop backround noise.

I am currently in the process of trying to use a rs485 ethernet serial server which uses a virtual com port, not had chance to try it yet but i will let you know if it works. They also have aes digital audio in aswell as analogue audio.
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by hmaudio hmaudio wrote:

Yes the Dsp version does have external software, the external control interface is Rs485 and comes with a usb converter. The dsp version has limiters, cross over slopes, delay and will tell you voltage and current supplied by each channel. The front panel can also be locked from the software which disables the controls on the front. The amplifier has built in gates for all channels to stop backround noise.

I am currently in the process of trying to use a rs485 ethernet serial server which uses a virtual com port, not had chance to try it yet but i will let you know if it works. They also have aes digital audio in aswell as analogue audio.

does the dsp have dynamic eq? what range of filters does it have? how many paramteric eqs can you apply to each channel?
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 11:01am
I think you are asking a bit too much from a chinese dsp :)

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I think you are asking a bit too much from a chinese dsp :)

watched a few videos. looks like 15 channels of PEQ per channel. the four channel models are bridgeable.

don't think there is any DEQ. couldn't see which HPF and LPF slopes are available. has front panel controls which can be disabled in the interface.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 12:13pm
morin/admark K420 looks like the same amp internals but without a DSP option.

edit: there are subtle differences eg the fan layout is different.

Edited by snowflake - 06 October 2021 at 10:33pm
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2021 at 5:53am
That Distro makes me shudder every time I see it 
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2021 at 1:55pm
Just wondering why there are no clip lights on CVR DSP models?

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2021 at 6:35pm
got one of these delivered today. having some trouble getting my computer to run the dsp software but have had a peak inside.

It has the same power supply and output board layouts as the Morin K420 amp I got last week (see amp internals 2 thread). BUT the capacitors in the CVR amp are 220uF 250V rather than 330uF 220V in the Morin. and on the power supply there are some 100uF caps rather than 150uF in the Morin. output devices in the CVR are FDH45N50F. (they have the same power rating and I am unsure of the significance of the capacitor difference)
Slightly different fan layout and control boards at the front due to the DSP. Build quality of the CVR is even better than the Morin and some of the components seem marginally better in the CVR including genuine neutrik speakons (though some are exactly identical). CVR has a 32A input connector rather than a 2.5mm2 captive lead on the Morin (this means the CVR needs a deeper case). Lots of minor details make me think these amps have been built in different factories. and the Morin is about £250 cheaper...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>